Friday, July 15, 2005

 

Bird and her bee

Bird and I are GTT tomorrow (Gone To Texas).

We're going to get antennae tattoed on her bumblebee tattoo, on an ankle. The tattoo "artiste" who stenciled the critter onto her limb did it freehand, and nobody noticed he didn't put antennae on the dang thing until the entire super-double-secret-and-totally-keep-ER-and-Dr.-ER-in-the-dark transaction was over, last fall.

Tattoos are legal in Texas, not so in Oklahoma. Me goin' with her and payin' for the augmentation is me makin' final peace with Bird and her bee.

I mean, the storm passed months and months ago. See here and here, too. This is just the first chance we've had this summer to get south of the Red River together.

We're goin' by way of the Stratford (Okla.) Peach Festival, where I will acquire enough peaches to make up for foisting store-bought peach pie on my kinfolks who passed through earlier this week.

A fine time will be had by all.

--ER

Comments:
Good for you all the way around. Pshaw. Having a fit over a little old tattoo.

And (having followed the links): what's wrong with a pierced nose? I've got one ;)
 
Dr. ER, how 'bout if I get somethin' pierced? Lemme see ... left is right, right is wrong ... could I get a left ear pierced??

Y'all, she has forbidden me to have a Confederate battle flag stenciled anywhere on my body. I dould get the Star and Bars, though, and nobody would recognize it. And there, y'all, is a history lesson: The battle flag is one thing, the Stars and Bars is another.

Maybe a Georgia O'Keeffe steer skull on my shoulder?

And B, I woulda figured you had some extra stuff pierced! :-)
 
Oh Yes. We must never forget the antennae. Without it, the poor bumblebee might not be able to recieve Air America!

Psst...don't let Al Franken know he has been deprived of one of his loyal listeners. Either one of them!
 
One more thing, and this time i followed the links, too. Ypu mentioned Vinita OK. Listen to this one:
My paternal Grandmother, who passed away at the age of 92, was named after that town. Her first name was Vinita. She was born in the Neosho MO area.
Here's a coinicidence. In her later years, she was quite mad, as I expect to be when I am older, if I'm not already.
 
Start SMALL, E.R. -- try out the blue sparkly nail polish first before going for a piercing or tattoo. It's not NEARLY as permanent.

I'm not a big fan of piercings and even less of tats, but hooray for you for sponsoring the antennae!

I've about decided to get my ears repierced today, though, after years of not wearing earrings.
 
Mark, Air America doedn't make it this far inland, as far as I know. And Al Franken's wit is best when read, not seen or heard, anyway.

Nick, you shouold know by now that I don't check with current pop culture when makin' decisions about what's right and wrong. A right-eared ring would be wrong fer me. For a variety of reasons. :-) I do recall the ring that glistened in yer Yankee ear the first instant I met you. I couldn't believe you'd worn it to a job interview. I was even more astounded when ya got hired. Whoa. The times they were a-changing, I guess. Recall, or maybe it was before you came along, that the agriculture community of North Texas and southern Oklahoma like to ran me off 'cause I had a mullet. I did not know it was called suich at the time. Hey, I stretched the bonds of taste in my own way.

Pastor Tim, Check out Thomas Sowell's new book "Black Rednecks and White Liberals." In there is an essay on "The Real History of Slavery" that I wish every South-dismissing, Confederate-bashing, Yankee good-too-shoes would read. You might find it interesting.
 
Yes, yes to all that. But did you get the blue nail polish???
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?