Friday, July 20, 2007

 

'Mr. Watson! Come here! I need you ... to "do a little dance! Make a little love! Get down tonight! Get down tonight!" '

It's a ringtone meme! Suggested by occasional commenter and longtime friend Crystal.

What's on your phone? My new cell phone plays: "Ain't no woman gonna change the way I think -- think I'll just stay here and drink." A clip from the Merle Haggard song. Haggard has been my favorite songwriter, singer and musician since I was about 13, even before I knew his parents were Dust Bowl Okies from Checotah, Okla.

I haven't taken the time to set it yet, but I think I'm gonna have the text-message alert be: "They call me ... tater salad," from the redneck comic Ron White's hee-larious routine about gettin' busted for bein' drunk in public-a in New York and havin' his sordid teenage past, in Fritch, Texas, catch up with him. Why? Because Ron White is a riot.

Dr. ER's phone play a clip from the new Bon Jovi album, "(You Want to) Make a Memory." She loves the album -- I do, too -- and that song is sort of a sort-of theme song for our current predicament of living in two different states.

Bird, being more sophisticated at this kind of thing, has a special ringtone for when her YankeeBeau calls: "Making Memories of Us" by Keith Urban. It's "their" song.

And YankeeBeau's ring for when Bird is calling is "Should've Been a Cowboy" by Oklahoman Toby Keith, which they play at Oklahoma State University Cowboys football games, which is delicious since Toby is a loud fan of the University of Oklahoma. Ha!

Alexander Graham Bell would be plumb floored, don't ya think?

WHAT'S YOUR RINGTONE? AND WHY?

--ER
(Save Sadie!)

Comments:
Well, mine is one that came with the phone. I forget what it's called, but it sounds like the intro music for an instructional/marketing video from the '80's.

Th' Bee's is "Rock The Casbah", starting right on the scream that begins the chorus.
 
Ugh. I attended my share of those motivational management videos.
 
Smashing Pumpkins "Disarm." I just like the song a lot.
 
Cell phone,I ain't stickin no microwave transmitter next to my brain no matter what the hell tune it plays.

I have watched too many cell phone early innovators die of brain cancer.

No cause and effect you say? Sure thing. Just hug your microwave next time you do popcorn.
 
Mine plays the "Hallelujah Chorus" by Handel, sung by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

I love ther way people turn and smile when it suddenly starts when I'm in line at the bank or at Walmart.
 
Mine is on silent/vibrate and always in my pocket.......................... i may just call myself again now that i think of it....
 
My main ring tone is Jimmy Buffet singing, "If the phone doesn't ring, it's me." It's fun putting people who call me often with their own ring tones, too.

Crystal
 
Mark: hoot.

Ronholio: Bwa-ha.

Crystal: great idea for a meme, this was. :-)
 
Tech: was the b-side "Datarm"? ... sorry ...
 
Ha! It took me a moment to get it, ER.
 
:-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?