Monday, August 07, 2006

 

Choo, mew, moo

Clearly, vacation time is wasted on me. I am strolling through my list of household chores, but mostly just piddling around. I don't piddle well. I will be crazed by midweek.

Here's something I picked up at a used-book and antique store awhile back. These aren't particularly rare, I mean as far as 100-plus-year-old railroad stock certificates go.

But this one is cool to me personally since the RR traversed my neck of the woods, and because it came in a nice frame with two-way glass, so you can see the front and the back of the certificate. It was issued Nov. 14, 1898. Not bad for fifty bucks. The framing job alone might've cost that.

Read about the Choctaw, Oklahoma & Gulf and other railroads across the Beautiful Indian Territory. From The Chronicles of Oklahoma.


Ice-T had this self-portrait commissioned. Dr. ER painted it at one of those you-make-it places at the mall. Note it is OSU-orange. Ice-T is a smart kitty, Ice-T is.




Now, FINALLY I can let the cow out of the bag. Before we went to the rodeo last weekend, we all met for early supper, whereupon Bird preented me with this here cow, knowing that I collect cows of all kinds, even hippy-dippy bovines like this one!

She does not know that I dropped the critter while unlocking the doors to my truck right before we all climbed in to go to the rodeo, and she does not know it broke my stupid big ol' redneck heart, even though the dang thing cost, like, 99 cents and is goofy as all get-out -- it came from my Bird, just for me, and it is lovely.

She does not know that I fretted all week for the time to go buy some Super Glue to fix it. And she does not know that I spent an hour today using the file I used to sharpen hoes to get the broken pieces to fit well enough together to glue two legs back on!

Well, maybe she does now, if she read this post, which she won't because she doesn't read my blog. (This will be a test!) But the point is: I laid hands, and Super Glue and a file, on this cow and healed it! Glory halle-MOO-jah!

--ER

Comments:
SWEET!

You got a big ole heart beatin' in there, Bubba.
 
I can attest to the agony pre-bovine surgery, Bird! He had an all-points bulletin out asking what the best procedure was for restoring the cow to good health!
 
BUSTED!
 
::sigh:: Dad spent like an hour in that 99 cent store and found you the perfect gift! Haha. Oh well, it looks really good put back together. Can't believe you spent so much time on it. We'll see you Saturday.
 
Hmmm, American Gentlemen was either Fenway or Apollo. One or both have read this post and have surely told Bird! I AM busted! :-)
 
Oh, Nick, I am GREAT at that kind of piddling. At about 10 p.m. then around 3 p.m. for sure, then first thing in the morning!

And thanks for the Cash.
 
This is just another exapmle of the whiteman taking from the redman, they stole our land and farms and ran their ironroads accross our land. We are due repreations for the damage they have done.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?