Friday, September 09, 2005

 

Rerun: Sept. 8-9, 2001

Nightmare last night. Involving a chemical attack, the local weather sirens going off and paralysis, in the dream, because of actual sleep paralysis, which was clear to me when I stirred.

I just thanked Dr. ER, again, for telling me about sleep paralysis years ago. Once you know about it, it helps your mind get you out of the tangle of these kinds of bad dreams.

I'd say that my subconscious is pissed because real-time events the past week or so have so riveted my attention that I had none left to give in remembering the events of four years ago.

Which means I need to review. Y'all are welcome to join me, or not. :-)

Sept. 8, 2001.

Sept. 9, 2001.

--ER

Comments:
Never heard of this sleep paralysis, but I should look into it with my propensity to spend the evenings in nightmare land.
 
Wait a minute. That website you linked to says,

"Sleep paralysis strikes as a person is moving into or out of REM (rapid eye movement) sleep, the deepest part of sleep. During REM sleep the body is largely disconnected from the brain leaving the body paralyzed. Sleep paralysis is the result of premature (or persistent) mind-body disconnection as one is about to enter into (or exit from) REM sleep."

Maybe I am missing something but if you are fast asleep during this, how do you know it happened?
 
The key is the "moving into and out of" REM sleep, There are different levels of sleep.
 
You were abducted by aliens dude!
 
May have been a Succubus!!!!!!!!!!
 
Well, duh, I know that. But you are still sleeping when moving in and out of REM. One does not usually go from deep sleep to wide awake instantly.

Unless something wakes you like the two cars that collided out in front of my house this morning.

I slept through it, but my son said it was loud enough that it woke him.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?