Wednesday, September 08, 2004

 

9/08/01

By The Erudite Redneck

Three years ago today, I was nervously excited about a business trip to Washington, D.C.

Nervous because I'm always nervous to fly. Jesus said, "Lo(w), I am with you always." No amount of thinking "tall bus, tall bus" will calm me down. Only the execution of two seemingly disparate desires will: the desire to get right with the Lord, and the desire to drink heavily.

Bun-headed types might be appalled. But the Bible says to give thanks in all things. There are times when I honestly and as humbly as I know how, pray: "Lord, for the distilled spirits (or cereal grains and hops, as the case may be) I am about to receive, may I be truly thankful. Bless them to the nourishment of my spirit."

Excited because I love D.C. I fell in love with it at the tender age of 22, back when I was "in Congress," as a press intern. I picked up Potomac Fever, which, like malaria, you never ever get over.

Three years ago today was three days before the bastards who attacked this country started a chain of events that tore me forcefully from my favorite city in the world and forever colored the romantic view I had held of "our nation's capital" for 15 years. Damn them all to American justice.

More anon.

END

Comments:
9/11 stole a lot from us. So many lives lost in a supremely senseless moment that even now thunders across our skies. It was the end of innocence.
 
Now I am really confused.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?