Tuesday, August 09, 2005

 

An untoed story

Yet ANOTHER trip to the ER (emergency room) last night!

Some kind of insect or spider or other critter bit me smack-dab between the second and third tow on my right hind leg, and it swoll up fierce, left red streaks up my leg and has me dadgum near crippled!

ER's second trip this summer to the ER! First one here, recall, due to my own carelessness. This critter just got me and got me bad.

So, I'm home today, self-medicating, as it were, with scrip antibiotics, Neosporin, No Man's Land Beef Jerky (straight from the Oklahoma Panhandle), and healthy amounts of Western Channel and Sci-Fi Channel.

Dang it. I was just at the point at work where I just had to work at normal pace. Grrr. The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get these days.

--ER

Comments:
Best wishes for a speedy recovery! I wonder what the Choctaw word for danged bug is? ;-)
 
Doggone it! I'm sorry to hear that. *sigh* I was hoping there would be some "normal" too. I hope your wound heals very quickly. Those are nothing to ... ah... fiddleback with.
 
But did the spider make it? :)
 
I'm certain the critter died of poisoning!
 
What? No pain killers? Well, hope you start feeling better soon anyway.
 
ER, didja happen to get the link I forwarded to you today? Showed a video you'd be interested in. If ya got it and ya smiled, I'd be happy to know.
 
Teditor, I have as yet been denied a viewing of the Jessica Simpson video because my dial-up at home can't handle it, and there have been too many around at work for me to have scantily clad babelets on my computer there.
 
ER, you should get a cable modem. Not only does your internet run faster but you can get videos too.

I hate having to go back to dial up, which I sometimes have to do when some NASCAR driver wanna be slams his Cherolet into an Antietam cable pole.
 
Had my own run-in with a spider back in the spring--my sympathies!
 
Sorry to hear about your run-in with an arachnid. I guess you're a little sweet under all the red after all. ;)

Take care of yourself and enjoy the day in front of the tube.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?