Sunday, May 29, 2005

 

Couldn't see my finger for the tree

Well, crud. Awhile ago, while using some of these to trim tender lower branches from one of these in the back yard, I damn near cut off the end of a digit from one of these.

Four stitches! My first EVER stitches.

Got some Lortab, which I WILL need tomorrow because about a third of my nail is gone. It will smart, I'm sure. Dr. ER says Lortab is good for pain. Right now, the local has everything in that left index finger all nice and fuzzy.

At least I got the front yard mowed first. At least I didn't cut the tip actually all the way off -- but it was pretty close -- with Bailey, the retarded hyperactive weenie dog at my feet. 'Cause he woulda ate it!

At least Dr. ER was home to drive ER to the, uh, ER! She is, however, bein' less than sympathetic. I am threatenin' to go home to Mama.

Feel free to go on and on about my boo-boo -- 'cause there ain't nobody in THIS house goin' to! I tell you what ... (grumble, grumble).

And at least I got most of the typin' I'd planned to do this long weekend done. So tomorrow I can do lots of reading.

END

Comments:
Let me get this right... You cut your finger with pruning shears? And you are getting to take hydrocodone for that? So basically, being a bonehead and giving yourself a painful owie turns you into a conservative talk radio host/drug addict? Well then. I'm glad it wasn't a sucking chest wound. You be nice to Dr. E.R. or she won't get your script refilled.

And I am sorry about your owie. I hope it feels better soon so that you are functional. And I think maple trees are evil -- the tree of the debil!
 
No respect. No respect at all. Harrumph!
 
when i had surgery, the recovery process was so painful, i thought i was going to die. instead of asking my wife to take care of me, i called mom....she politely refused to come and care for me, but i survived, nevertheless.
 
when i had surgery, the recovery process was so painful, i thought i was going to die. instead of asking my wife to take care of me, i called mom....she politely refused to come and care for me, but i survived, nevertheless.
 
What Nick said!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?