Sunday, August 16, 2009

 

Everybody cross yer fingers, hold hands -- and pray for the fish!

God, I love good country Gospel. Below is a great song! Never heard it before today.

Lord, may I never forget the imagery, the folklore, the music of my upbringin'. God meets people where they are! I've been where this song is, and -- in fact, I ain't ever really left. And I don't plan to.

Preacher this morning at church was Dr. Charles Kimball, author of "When Religion Becomes Evil: Five Warning Signs" (ER recommended). His text was Acts: 10: 23-35.

Amen and Amen! Simon Peter finally got it! I finally got it! May we all get it!

"I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism but accepts men from every nation who fear him and do what is right."

"Pray for the Fish" (it's only about three minutes long; the second half is interview).


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?