Monday, September 01, 2008

 

It should be Farmer-Labor Day

Uno. Obama returns to Union heartlands.


Two-o. ER's political-spiritual center: Farmer-Labor Party.


Tres. Dubya to Murka on Gustav: "Fool me onced, sha-ayme on yew; fool me twiced, sha-ayme on me! Pain tention! Ain't Rick Perry's hair great?"


Fo. Whatchall got cookin' this lovely day??? My own self, I am celebratin' the Oklahoma State Motto by doin' a little work-work on this here laptop, continuing to unwreck the house, as much as possible, from the flood, and soakin' some shrimp in some flat Budweiser to later wrap in bacon and grill, with a dab of barbecuue sauce to finish, to have for supper with a couple of marinated and grilled softshell crabs and some grilled corn grilled in the shucks. Meanwhile, Dr. ER, a weather junky, is watchin' the Gustav Show. Yourself?


Cinco. For the 10th opening day of dove season in a row, I was not sittin' on a field chair at sunrise, burning through a couple of boxes of shells, missing way more than hitting, with my buddy, Mark. For the sixth opening day in a row, I've been thinking about Mark, who killed himself in March 2003.

To Mark: Mourning doves, mourning Mark.

Suicide Memorial Wall.


Seis. Sen. Barack Hussein Obama's Labor Day message:



--ER

Comments:
I will dedicate a few dove breasts on the grill to you ER, and your buddy Mark.
Have a good one,
Henry
 
Tnanks, man. You, too.
 
So this is a REAL holiday? With a special meal and all?
This is my day: Hubby and son are in Oregon at whatever Holstein show Oregon is having. I'm at home, not eating, sending out course outlines to students, writing conclusion to thesis, trying to clean house before starting work tomorrow and looking after baby.
I'm used to May 1st being the no-work holiday.
But I am looking forward to 2 Thanksgiving Dinners this year, now that we have an American daughter.
May your house come together easily!
 
LOL. Thanks, Karen.

And I lived at the edge of the livestock show circuit, as a journalist, and a committeeman a few times, and a buyer-donor rep, to appreciate the phrase "whatever Holstein show Oregon is having."

:-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?