Monday, September 15, 2008

 

Can't weight!

Oof. I have so backslidden on my "weight management" this summer. But today I'm back in the saddle -- after a weekend of eating whatever I damn well pleased:

Dozen Krispy Kreme glazed, a dozen Krispy Kreme mix, Pizza Hut pasta (it's good!), a steak, some ribs, an entire can of chili on a bunch of Fritos.

Now, it's back to the Jared diet at Subway during the week, eating whatever I want Friday night, eating normally Saturday-Sunday, and then getting on the Subway again come Monday.

And, my back seems to be recovered enough to let me get on the treadmill without too much difficulty.

The facts: I'm 6'4" and I weighed in at 280 this morning, 17 pounds more than I did in February, but still 14 pounds less than I did at my peak in October 2006 -- but a whopping 20 pounds more than I did in April 2004.

I called the doctor's office the other day to get the numbers. Here they are, my weight upon every trip to the doc's since I started going to him:

Feb. 2004 -- 266.

April 2004 -- 260. (Note: This is weird; I was in the throes of grad school!)

Feb. 2005 -- 276. (Ha! I swoll up *after* grad school, which I finished in Dec. 2004).

May 2005 -- 278.

June 2005 -- 282.

Aug. 2005 -- 283.

Aug. 2005 again -- 287.

Oct. 2006 -- 294. (!!! This was the point where I said, Enough! -- and started hangin' out with Mr. Phentermine. He helped mightily).

Nov. 2006 -- 284. (Dropped 10 pounds in a month!).


Dec. 2006 -- 279.

March 2007 -- 274.

May 2007 -- 275.

Aug. 2007 -- 269.

Oct. 2007 -- 262.

Feb. 2008 -- 263.

Now -- 280.

Wish me luck, self-determination and discipline. I want to drop back to 270 or less before I go crawling back to Mr. Phentermine to push to the next lower level!

--ER

Comments:
Okay then, good luck, self-determination and discipline!

A friend IM'd me this morning asking I wanted to go back to Weight Watchers.

Um, nope. Just gonna have to do it with the previously acquired WW knowledge. I'm not paying $$ for cheerleading I've heard a hundred times already. Desperation may win out, but I'm not there yet.
 
Thanky!

I did OK until this summer. It's my worst time for eating, not the holidays. If I can throw it on the grill and serve it with something drippin' in butter, I'm gonna do it. :-)
 
Started out right today: a Veggie Delite at the Subway, light mayo. Yes, I got cheese. Pbthh!

Ugh, then 3:45 p.m., working at home: a handful of pretzels and a few mixed nuts. Then some water.

Ugh.

Mr. Phentermine! Come here! I need you! :-)

OH. Insult to injurry: I have to empty the pantry tonight so the guy can paint it in the morning!
 
How much is your handful? And what's the serving size on the pretzels? Not the best carb to eat, but certainly not the worst either.

The nuts sound perfectly reasonable for someone who usually eats heavy protein--you might need that afternoon snack after the veggie sandwich, at least until your stomach gets readjusted.

Just remember that discipline does not equal beating thyself up over every "infraction."
 
oh, i'd guess i ate about 20 nuts, combination of cashews, almonds, macadamia. probably 250 calories, guessing. and three oversized -- but not the biggest -- pretzels. bag says three is 120 cal.

so, today, not that i'm a calorie counter usually, but:


mocha energy drink: 270.

3/4 of footlong veggie delite, with cheese, maybe 500.

nuts: 250

pretzels: 120.


that's 1,140.

i'll have to go light on supper.
 
Ha. I think I slid in for the day at just shy of 2,000 -- which is a good improvement.
 
A calculator on a site by the West Virginia Dietetic Association says I need 3218.8 calories per day to maintain my current weight. So I done good. :-)
 
I'm glad you looked it up, I was going to tell you it sounded like you did just fine.

As for the cheese, you need some from that food group, so no beating yourself up over it. Cheese is main way I get dairy in. I choose the cheeses that are lighter in fat -- cheddar not being one of them -- provolone is better.

The nuts have the good kind of fat in them, so as long as you didn't go overboard, which it sounds like you didn't, that was okay, too.

You did do good! :)
 
Oh, yeah, and you have the golden opportunity to toss the stuff you know you should while you're cleaning out the pantry. Be ruthless! :)
 
We threw away more than we kept. That 2004-Bird-leaves archeological layer was sad. :-(
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?