Thursday, August 14, 2008

 

Who ARE these guys?

Obama's and McCain's favorite songs.

--ER

Comments:
I'm surprised McCain didn't include more music from his youth, such as Gregorian Chants.
 
Packaged, polished, public relationed. Piffle.
 
Exactly what I was thinking, DCup. Focus-grouped data, though I still can't understand some of the choices -- LOL. :)
 
Maybe, but I still love that Nina Simone made Obama's list. She has such a phenomenal voices.
 
Pretty shy on country music (not that I mind) and no bluegrass or folk - now THAT is just wrong.

I'd say I could understand one ABBA song, for kitsch' sake, but TWO?? There's something wrong with that.
 
"I'd say I could understand one ABBA song, for kitsch' sake, but TWO?? There's something wrong with that."

I agree, Dan. The something wrong is that it isn't the *entire* ABBA Gold album. ;)

Right ER? I know you'll back me up on that. :)
 
Ewww, you ARE a depraved sonofagun...
 
Sigh. "Mamma Mia" haunts me. LOL
 
THANKS ALAN! NOW I KEEP SPONTANEOUSLY WHISTLING "DANCING QUEEN" AND PEEPS IN THE OFFICE ARE LOOKING AT ME FUNNY AND I DON'T MEAN FUNNY-HAHA!

LOL
 
FF said: "Exactly what I was thinking, DCup. Focus-grouped data, ..."

No, I don't think so.
No, no respectable focus group would come up with either one of these list.

During the first debate, there should be a game of "Name That Tune" to see if either one of these turkeys can recognize their favorite songs!
 
I'm with drlobojo on ixnaying the whole "public relations" thing. Obama has "What's Going On" on his list a song that always make me tear up when I hear it. Plus Nina Simone.

McCain picking two ABBA songs in his top three - that's not focused grouped choices, but the sign of a deranged mind at work!!! Seriously, I think their choices are honest; would Obama have picked "Gimme Shelter" because of a focus group, a song about a murder at a rock concert?

Also, McCain picked a Merle Haggard tune, "If we make it till Christmas", so country got an honorable mention.
 
BTW, Alan, your first comment . . .

Bwahahahahahaha!!!!

Sniff. Wipe tears from eyes.

Also some madrigals, too.
 
Alan: very funny!

I think that some of these songs "were focus group tested, but if two ABBA's came out of a focus group, then someone should be fired.

I think a more interesting list would be songs that should be on their top ten lists. I humbly submit a few suggestions:

Obama:
"Changes": David Bowie (I don't know how he missed it)
"My Kind of Town": Sinatra. (Chicago, represent!)
"Ebony and Ivory": Stevie Wonder
"Cocaine": Eric Clapton (George W. remix)

McCain:
"Danger Zone": Kenny Loggins (for The "Original Maverick")
"Goodnight Saigon": Billy Joel (The choppers alone bring back such sweet memories)
"Bomb Iran": Vince Vance and the Valiants
Medley: "Whiter Shade of Pale"/"White Room"/"White Rabbit": Procul Harem/Cream/Jefferson Airplane; sung by, who else? Jack White
 
I'm thinking Abba's "Take a Chance on Me," might actually be a great theme song for the McCain campaign...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?