Sunday, August 24, 2008

 

So long to The Hole (sniff)



One stillborn dream down. Who knows what to go? ...

Man. People remain unbeaten-up, and I remain unjailed, today because we did not sell our house and I did not quit my job.




At right is the front door to The Hole. I figure on pullin' up to the waterless, catful house about midnight Oklahoma time. Ice-T and Eames will have lots to say, considering the excitement and all the strangers in the house last night.



At left is Erudite Bear, an early Valentine's gift for Dr. ER. He is 12 and a years old. I gave him my real name for a first name and Bear for a surname. So, here, he is Erudite Bear. He lived on top of Dr. ER's icebox in The Hole.





We're all heading home today, me in the Baby Truck with Erudite Bear ridin' shotgun, Dr. ER in her car.

She might get a room between here and there, yesterday's work having laid her low. Not me. I got a mess to inspect and cats to listen to (not that I'm a cat person).

--ER

Comments:
That mess is probably going to give you the adrenaline to drive right through!
 
Hmmm. That picture on the side of the truck is going to make passersby do a double-take. There will be a driver that looks just like the guys on the side. When I first saw it I wondered how you got a truck with your picture on the side!

Sorry about your troubles at home. I'm with Trixie on the insurance, you'll probably be covered, unless they can prove it was an act of God, and if that's the case, what did you do to tick Him off?? ;)

When my parents' basement flooded a couple of years ago, they only had to replace the drywall three feet up from the floor, that's all it wicked. So you might get away with less work than you think.
 
I always knew you were a "Bear " person at heart.
 
I echo Frenzied's comment - man, that one guy looks like you! All he needs is a cigar!

Safe trip, dude. Prayers go with you.

You. Are. A. Cat. Person.

It's like admitting you are an alcoholic, man. Step one is admitting you have a problem; step two is deciding to actually do something about it.
 
I hate to bring up another negative aspect of all this, but oh well....When you guys had "The Hole," at least you had closed the gap with John McCain to, like, 5 dwellings. Now you're back to a six-house margin!

Blessings, Bro.
 
Y'all r swell. ... Can't tell hpw bad the mess is. ... and the kitties are fightin' to see who gets to hang with Daddy ER, ha.
 
LOL, the ER lookalike on the truck has more hair than me! But there is a resemblance!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?