Saturday, August 09, 2008

 

Mama Mia!

If this gets out, my reputation will be shot: Mamma Mia! is a GREAT movie. (Interesting backstory).

Very estrogeny. Chickiest chick flick I've ever seen. Ever. Intergenerational chick flickness. Amd it's a dang musical. Everybody shamelessly threw themselves into the singing, whether they could sing well or not. But Dr. ER and one of her girlfriends and I laughed hard.

And, I have a whole new respect for Pierce Brosnan. Totally. Takes a man confident in his manness to pull off what he pulled off in this flick of chick.

Just don't tell anybody I said so.

And now to don manly footwear and jeans and drive to Oklahoma City to see Southern-rock-hillbilly band the Turnpike Troubadours and drink many beers and whiskeys. Aroo!

--ER

(Yes, I own Abba music. On 8-track.)

Comments:
We agree. bbs and mr
 
Good Lord, have mercy.
 
Have you seen The Matador? Pierce Brosnan as the anti-Bond.
 
I haven't seen the movie yet but I have seen the musical twice (natch.)
 
LOL, Alan.

Kirsten, "the Matador"? Hmmm. Next movie up is to counter "Mamma Mia": "Beer for My Horses," with Toby keith in all his Tobyness.

DrLoboJo, what?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?