Sunday, August 03, 2008

 

Gracism, not racism, not gay-cism

Break Now the Bread of Life

Break Thou the bread of life, dear Lord, to me,
As Thou didst break the loaves beside the sea;
Beyond the sacred page I seek Thee, Lord;
My spirit pants for Thee, O living Word!

Bless Thou the truth, dear Lord, now unto me,
As Thou didst bless the bread by Galilee;
Then shall all bondage cease, all fetters fall;
And I shall find my peace, my all in all!



Prayer of Confession at church:

Lord of Life, we cannot seem to get it straight. In your eyes, we are all the same; in your heart, we are all precious; in your economy, we are all of equal value. This is not how we have lived, and this is not how we have worshipped. Take us by the hand, lead us from fear and superstition, hatred and ignorance, to the Promised Land where all God's children have a chance to be healthy, happy and grateful. In Christ's name we pay, Amen.

--EHR

(Tip of my Resistol to Babalon)

Comments:
Beautiful. Humble.

Very Wendell Berry.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?