Wednesday, August 20, 2008

 

2 bad backs, 1 Ford 500 and 645 miles

Ugh. -- ER

Comments:
May your trip be dry, cool, and without events.
 
Sounds like a good country song.
 
And then, a good new beginning together.
 
Ah ha, I see by the map that you are going by Sand Creek. I'll need a report on that for sure.
 
I see by your map you're going by Slapout. You know, people make fun of Intercourse, PA, but Slapout, OK - that's teh funny.

Seriously, safe trip, not too many worries, and remember who's traveling with both of you. . .
 
Turns out that the full-lumbar-supported an d heated seats of the Ford 500 make for as fine a transportation as two peeps with bad backs could hope for. ... Right at 12 hours on the road. And I bought some No Man's Land brand beef jerkey and some AA batteries at teh store at Slapout.
 
Note to self: cows-Hardesty, Jesus-Guymon, woman-Lamar.
 
Note to self: Fudd-Jovi.
 
I've got little time for frivolity today, so I will ask - does Slapout have a website or something? It has a store, it seems.

I love funny town names, no matter the state (in my native NY, there is Madrid, only it is pronounced MAA(like a sheep)-drid and Cuba, pronounced KOO-ba; my favorite is Skeneatles, pronounced Skin-ee-AT-lis), so I am not trying to belittle the good people of Slapout, OK, or Intercourse, PA, or anywhere else.
 
GKS, look up Pink, Blue, and Pumpkin Center, Oklahoma.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?