Wednesday, July 02, 2008

 

Vacation mini trip No. 2

Perfect timing! Turns out that Wednesdays in summertime are Wayback Wednesdays at the Oklahoma City Zoo. That means 75 cents to get in (regular $7), and 75-cent hotdogs, Cokes and popcorn.

So I got up early and while Dr. ER was snoozing I drove down and hung out with the animules and about a gozillion kids.



I shot a few pix with my real camera but nothing to write home about. Besides that, this peahen and her three chicks, not part of the zoo, were a real highlight. They were just hanging out outside the entry. I was not feeding them popcorn, your honor. I did, as usual, however, drop a few kernels.




Photos by cell phone: still life in the Baby Car on the way; peahen and chicks; chick gettin' after popcorn; my own self on the way back to the house.




--ER

P.S. It killed me that I couldn't get a good pic of the Somali wild ass!

Comments:
That last pic, though, is a rare blog photo of the Oklahoma wild ass!
 
Damn you, ER! You stole my line.
 
Yes, yes I did!
 
So is that what ER really looks like?

Well, well, well….
 
Yes, a fine specimen of the increasingly rare Liberalus Thinkus Western Americanus (Eruditus Redneckus). :-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?