Thursday, July 03, 2008

 

Vacation mini trip 3: A little E, a little R ...

A little E:

Now, I had done research there, and I had presented papers there, and I had sorta darted in and out of the museum parts, and-but Dr. ER had done none of these things, so today we spent the afternoon at the still-new Oklahoma History Center.

It is Smithsonian affiliated, and it is Smithsonian quality.

As a night-time historian of prestatehood Oklahoma and many of the Indian tribes relocated to Indian Territory, and an armchair buff of post-statehood Oklahoma history, and because I visit every major history museum I can, and many minor ones, I can tell you it is a great, great act of history that has been committed on Laird Avenue just off of NW 23rd St.

Bravo, y'all!


A little R:

Supper tonight: Mogan David Concorn Grape "Wine" in some kind of art deco-type drinkin' glass that's just a click or three shy of a snuff glass; and Oscar Meyer weinies diced and cooked into to some sauerkraut. Oh, and cornbread out of a store-boughten packet.


A little more E: Supper, while watchin' the 1954 "Sabrina" with Audrey Hepburn, hot babe of historic proportions, so to speak.

--ER

Comments:
Sabrina:
Bogey was excellent, and Audrey was so...Audrey. It was yet another movie that didn't a remake, and I am a big Harrison Ford fan.
Sounds like I gotta find my way to OKC one of these days. My folks lived cross yonder in Broken Arrow for a few years- that's as close as I got.
 
OKC is a heppening' place now. Shoot, we just stole the Sonics away from Seattle. That saga has been going on for a few years. Now, I might get interested in pro baseketball again for the first time since junior high.

Sabrina: I like both flicks about equally, myself, each one for reasons having nothing to do with the other.
 
My class in archives last semester was held at the OHC and taught by the head of their research department. Didn't go in but one exhibit (after 8 hours of class, just wasn't up for it) but did get tours of the back-works, which was pretty darn cool.

Oh, and for lunch just now I had blue box mac-n-cheese topped with tomato slices. Your Kraut-n-dogs sounds pretty darn yummy.
 
Aha! I always figured you might be a fellow erudite redneck! :-)
 
Well, more midwestern than southern, with grandparents not that far removed from central Europe (braunschweiger was a treat growing up), but I'll sit still for a car race so long as the conversation's good. ;-)
 
:-) Redneck ain't a geographical thing. It's a dadgum attitude! :-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?