Thursday, July 10, 2008

 

Oklahoma livin'

Do I know how to have fun, or whut?

Saturday after next, K.Kat, old buddy, and I will be hangin' out at Tulsa's Mercury Lounge, where a kinfolk of his from our stompin' grounds will be playin' with a band, Turnpike Troubadours.

Check 'em out!

But THIS Saturday -- hoo hoo! -- I think I'm draggin' the lovely Dr. ER with me to Pauls Valley for the annual Okie Noodling Tournament, at Bob's Pig Shop.

Check out pix from last year's noodling tourney.

Fried catfish. Noodling. Rednecks to let. What's not to like?

--ER

Comments:
Never took to noodling. As a sport it ain't redneck it is nuts.
Given the number snapping turtles and water moccasins that habitat with catfish the more I lean towards blasting caps and rotenone.
 
Why is it illegal to "get fish drunk" in Oklahoma?
 
I don't know about illegal, but it is immoral to waste good booze that way.


So what does "drunk as a fish" mean anyway?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?