Monday, July 07, 2008

 

Holy Communion to go ... & my new bar

So, maybe three times a year, Dr. ER goes with me to church. She's not opposed to it or anything; she's just been traveling so much, or recovering from a trip, that she seldom does anything before about noon on any given Sunday.

But yesterday, the planets aligned just right and she went with me -- and had to leave the service quick, she and several others, because it was so hot in the sanctuary they couldn't stand it. She like to swooned. The person whose job is to turn on the AC didn't show, and no one noticed until too late. Hey, it's July in Oklahoma. Dr. ER went to the Baby Car and sat under cold air for 45 minutes.

Yesterday was a Communion Sunday. I couldn't stand that she had to leave, so I snuck a bit of the bread into my shirt pocket and brought it home. Last night, I popped open a bottle of red zin, and put a drop or two into a medicine cup (Dr. ER is a teetotaler) and presented it to her and she took Communion.

Pretty redneck way to do it. But I thought it was kind of cool, in any case.

Etc. No. 1: Ice-T went to the vet this morning. Hairball. Constipation. Bloody poop. No big deal. 'Nuff said.

Etc. No. 2: My big brudder is in the hospital in Arkansas. Hairball. Constipation -- oh, wait. Sorry. ... He is having some tummy trouble. Long story. Ongoing. No terribly big deal, I don't think -- but he IS sick and doesn't feel well at all. Prayers, vibes, karma, etc., por favor.

Etc. No. 3: Work is trying to sneak up on me! Technically, I'm off until Wednesday. But I worked an hour this morning, and there is a can't-miss meeting this afternoon, can't miss because I did miss a couple of editions of this meeting the week before I took off. Whatever. I'm charging 'em for the time.

Etc. No. 4: Dr. ER talked me into buying a bar for the house. Well, I mean she nudged me to go ahead and buy it. We've been keeping our eyes peeled for the perfect one for months. Found it. At Lorec Ranch. It's a rustic look, a la ER. When I get it set up, I'll post a pic or three. In the meantime, here's an image of it from teh Internets. :-)

--ER

Comments:
You shoulda waited. You coulda served your honey communion ... at the bar.
 
Very nice taste. I've drank at this one. Well, not your "this one," but my brother's "this one." Very nice.
 
You stole Jesus.
 
He came willingly. :-P
 
Sharp, you'll have to come by for a drink at my new bar, then we can step into the smoking parlour (the back yard!)
 
"You stole Jesus."
Did you use a "body bag?" (hee, hee) Or did you wait to transubstantiate when you got home?
The bar looks nice; What is planned for its stock?
 
Ignoring the brush against sacrilege! He walked with me, and he talked with me ... on the way home. :-)


Bar: Dickel. Dewar's. Beefeater. Those would be the ER house liquors.

Various zins and shirazes in the wine fridge. An occasional semillion-chard blend. Some white table wine (I like something called "White Truck" currently). And a rose, for looks.
 
Actually, ER, I just blogged somthing like this...you are darned lucky you are not a Catholic.

Some guy is in major dutch for not consuming the Eucharist at the alter.
 
For Christ's sake.

And I mean that.

(Before I spirited away the Bread of Life the other day, I kept thinking how cool it's be to have a tiny clamshell to-go box.)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?