Friday, July 04, 2008

 

Happy Independence Day to y'all and all!

Vacation mini trip No. 4: a couple of miles away to the local parade, which is a real firecracker! Then I hauled Dr. ER back here to the house and I went and availed myself of free hotdogs, chips and cold water at a nearby Baptist church (not the one I vote at).

Then I went to get some legs and thighs of the yardbird for the grill later. Head Country previously acquired. Tonight the plan is to go a few miles away to the biggest fireworks shootin' in these parts.

Yep. Anita Bryant, Oklahoma native, was the grand marshal. Ironic that, on a day to celebrate liberty.

So, what're y'all doin' today in the name of freedom?

Random pix from the parade (click to make 'em bigger):

















--ER

Comments:
Not even a blurry shot of the Mrs.?

Anita Bryant. . . Other than shilling for orange juice and making anti-gay remarks thirty years ago, I fail to see what she's done to become the marshall of a parade, unlike other Oklahoma natives I can think of. Ah, well.

Happy and safe Independence Day, dude. To you, the Mrs., the daughter and future son-in-law, the cats, the dogs (your house sounds like ours more and more!), etcetera, etcetera, etcetera . . .
 
What about us? What about us?
 
I had no idea! Obviously, you are included under the generic "etcetera", unless you wish to be included as "family".
 
Anita Bryant is still alive?

Wasn't her original claim to fame being Miss America back in the days when dinosaurs roamed the earth?
 
Second runner-up Miss America in 1959 -- and I just read that, did not know that.

In Oklahoma generally, I think she is rememembered as "a pop singer who later did orange juice commercials. Oh, and she worked against gay rights or something in Florida, and good for her."
 
Yay for Head Country, made right up here in my lil' town. Best and only good barbecue sauce in the whole country. Also served at the restaurant of the same name here. Also always stocked in my household. It's good stuff, Maynard. Get more.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?