Friday, July 11, 2008

 

Fish drunk Oklahoma Wikipedia

This is what I get for Googling the above:

The Southern Oklahoma Cosmic Trigger Contest.

It's got noodling. It's got cult teen masturbation (read this! it's hilarious!). It's got The Flaming Lips.

I really should get to know The Flaming Lips' music. I cross Flaming Lips Alley every time I go to the cigar bar, and I walk down Flaming Lips Alley every time I go to a baseball game.

EL is a big fan. Maybe he can recommend a good CD to start?

Happy Friday, y'all!

--ER

Comments:
The teen masturbation marathon is one of the funniest, and strangely enough most honest, things I have ever read. All I will say is, I grok.
 
I personally like the CD, Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots. I'd buy this one again for the title track and "Do You Realize" alone. Two other really good CD's by the Lips are The Soft Bulletin and Clouds Taste Metallic.

And if you like the sound of "Do You Realize" from Yoshimi... check out another group called Band of Horses... Everything All The Time. One outstanding track? "The Funeral"

I'll check out your links when I get back from the movies... I'm on staycation this week, and I want to be entertained without having to do anything but eat popcorn, and sip slushy.


Someone please define "grok." I see it around a lot, but...
 
"Grok" is from the novel "Stranger in a Strange Land," which I just read, and which I'm sure you would enjoy, EL.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grok
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?