Saturday, July 05, 2008

 

The 5th of July


Vacation mini trip No. 5: Oklahoma RedHawks game tonight. Dr. ER will stay home and watch the NASCAR race tonight. I am Jonesing for a baseball game. Of all time for me to take a week off -- not games locally all week, until now!



We'd planned to go see the Tulsa Drillers, AA Colorado Rockies team in Tulsa -- I've never been! -- and to go to the Oklahoma Aquarium in Jenks (never been there either! We even got a room reserved and I bought the tickets online, But I think we wore ourselves out yesterday.


Plus, I hate to miss church, expecially when people are joining, and a bunch are joining in the morning.

Gettin' old sucks.

Oh, I think we're gonna go to the Lorec Ranch store this afternoon, after I beat back the yard, water the tamaters, etc.

These pix suck, but to have been taken with a dang cell phone, they ain't bad.

--ER


Comments:
Attempted a few cell-phone pics of fireworks, but they were far worse than yours.

Hope you have fun at the game.
 
Looks like a quality fireworks show.
 
Thanks, K.

Welcome, John.


Welp, I backslid on the yard work. Oh, well.

As we pulled up to the Lorec Ranch store, I remarked to Dr. ER, "This looks like a place that advertises in "Cowboys & Indians," the magazine. Sure enough, inside here and there were framed Lorec Ranch advertisements from the mag.

AND DR. ER MADE ME BUY A BAR! Dry, not wet. But a real nifty piece. She MADE me by offering to pay the cost above $500. Sounded like a deal to me since uno, we've been talkin' about gettin' one for some time; two-o, we're fixing to start doing some more work on the house -- this time for our own selves (does anybody know if you can rip up carpet and score and stain concrete, halfway affordably?); and three-o, the Dr. ER subsidy amounted to about $150. :-)
 
The Jenks Aqualand joint is way overrated. Save yur $$$$ and do something else in Tulsa.

Maybe buy more beer at the Drillers game.
 
Those pics aren't half bad for a phone!

I love stained concrete. What room are you thinking of staining?

Your staining question got me wondering if that could be a DIY project. Looked around on the net, appears it could be -- depending on your level of bravery. ;)
 
Actually, for a dang cell phone, I think those pix are pretty decent. :-)

We're talkiing about yanking the carpet up from the "great room" -- living-dining area -- everything up to the hall to the bedrooms. ... I'm not very brave when it comes to DIY stuff, especially something like this. I imagine that getting the carpet glue removed might be the hardest parts. Plus, I'm pretty sure it takes a special kind of tool to score concrete without damaging it ...
 
I just googled "score concrete" and found some really beautiful floors. I'll be interested to hear what you get for estimates. At least those are (usually) free. :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?