Thursday, June 19, 2008

 

Shamelessly, I declare ...

He is Everything to Me.

--ER


Comments:
Wow. I'd never heard this song, or heard of it, or heard of the Rebels, or of Jim Hamill, until I stumbled across this video. It was way before my time as a Gospel radio announcer in the early '80s.

But I love this song -- for its simplicity, which makes it profound. Despite all my spiritual wanderings over, lo, these 36 years, even I can sing this song and mean it.

Amen.
 
Almost a sequitur: I just finish watching a movie on AMC about Geronimo. The background music was several variations on the hymn "I Will Arise and Follow Jesus".
 
OK, make that "I Will Arise and Go To Jesus."
 
Whoa. Haven't that one in awhile. It is loaded with a lot more doctrine surrounding the Fall than "He's Everything to Me" is!

Come, ye sinners, poor and wretched, / Weak and wounded, sick and sore;
Jesus ready stands to save you, / Full of pity joined with pow'r.

Come, ye needy, come, and welcome, / God's free bounty glorify;
True belief and true repentance, / Every grace that brings you nigh.

Come, ye weary, heavy laden, / Bruised and broken by the fall;
If you tarry till you're better, / You will never come at all.

Let not conscience make you linger, / Nor of fitness fondly dream;
All the fitness He requireth / Is to feel your need of Him.

I will arise and go to Jesus, / He will embrace me in His arms;
In the arms of my dear Savior, / O there are ten thousand charms.
-----


I can't personally argue with this:

If you tarry till you're better, / You will never come at all.

Let not conscience make you linger, / Nor of fitness fondly dream;
All the fitness He requireth / Is to feel your need of Him.
 
Hrm. This was actually a big hit in the store....Not that I should be blog surfing while working....
 
Hidy, AB. :-) What kinda store? Just curious.
 
Leather goods store.
 
Like you. Never heard this one. But it's fresh and I can sense the sincerity that all four guys have. They sing it because they know it.

May we all say He is Everything to Me.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?