Thursday, June 12, 2008

 

Habeas Corpus lives

Hobbled by Bush administration hubris, staggering under the weight of fearmongering spin, damn near blinded by the acid of hate -- yet Habeas Corpus lives!

"The laws and Constitution are designed to survive, and remain in force, in extraordinary times," Justice Kennedy wrote.

Damn straight.

Damn Gitmo.

TRY the sumbitches already. Lock 'em up if they're guilty. Turn 'em loose if they're not -- and if government prosecutors, after six years, don't have a case, then damn them, too.

Vote for Obama!

--ER

Comments:
"and if government prosecutors, after six years, don't have a case, then damn them, too."

Indeed. Particularly given that the current 5 being tried have admitted their guilt!
 
And the Brits are arguing over whether to extend the time they can hold a terrorism suspect: from 28 to 42 days.
 
Well, they're talking about people actually arrested on UK sil, aren't they. It's a leetle different. Problem at Gitmo is our gubment wanted it both ways: they wanted to kill the ones they could in the field, but lock up the rest for fricking ever, but without calling them p.o.w.'s -- because p.o.w.'s even have rights. Sorry. I know you know that. It still pisses me off. People who treat even their enemies like shit are a half-click from treating their own like shit. Shoot straight -- on the battlefield, and adjudically. That's all I want.
 
Oops--should've explained that I meant that as a bit of irony.

The short-sightedness of not being good to POWs still kinda pisses me off.
 
:-) I gor yer irony. ... I *am* an erudite redneck, ya know. ;-)
 
You should check out Marshall Art's response to the SCOTUS decision. If he's really serious (and a part of me wants to believe he isn't), this is a seriously wrong position.

Seriously.
 
The friend of my enemy is my enemy.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?