Monday, May 26, 2008

 

To Mount Carmel, then looking for combines

Going to Mount Carmel Cemetery, near Electra, Texas, so Dr. ER (and I) can pay respects at the resting place of Dr. ER's loved one who died last week.

We're taking our cameras, in case any weather pops, although it looks like it's all going to be north of us today. But, who knows? We might wind up in the Panhandle by evenin'.

If not, and harvest is under way (first load in the state was at Walters, Okla., last week), well, one can never take enough pix of combines in the field and trucks lined up at grain elevators.

--ER

Comments:
Tell me you didn't drive your new ride into a hail storm. Did you see the supercell around Mangum?
 
I carefully avoided hail cores. We saw the Mangum cell from the top of Mount Scott. Very cool. I'll put up a pic later if any of 'em came out.
 
Would like to see pictures of wheaties,combines, and super cells. Speaking of pictures "coming out" my digital with lowlight and vibration technology shoots at the equivalent of 3200 ASA with sharp images. I can hardly believe it.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?