Saturday, May 17, 2008

 

On hope, and stuff to which I'm lookin' forward

Uno. Why would anyone give up hope? If that's all there was left to hold onto? I don't get it. I don't think anyone every actually *does* give up hope. I think they just get weary, and they lose their grip on it. That is *not* the same thing as giving it up.


Two-o. Latest thinking on the veehickle front: I trade what's left of my poor truck for a Honda Accord coupe (best mileage of the large-car class), and later I buy a used 4WD Ford Ranger. Whattayas think? That gets the four things I require: Good gas mileage and relative safety (in the Accord), and a pickup and 4WD (in the Ranger). ... If you can suggest something comparable to the Accord in both safety-size and gas mileage, please do. :-)


Three-o. OSU-OU Bedlam Baseball (first game in Tulsa, tonight and tomorrow in OKC is, crap, in, like, less than two hours. I will be there. Ticket bought. Check, Friday. Ticket cared for and kept up with. Check, since then. Ticket dropped in the damn toilet? Yes! &%$%**^%! Don't ask. Thank goodness for e-mailed printable tickets! :-)


Four-o. Fred Craddock preaches at church tomorrow. Cool. I've heard nothing but good things about this servant of the Lord, the Rev. Dr. Fred Craddock, who is a Christian (Disciples of Christ) preacher. (DrLobojo, do you know of him? Consider yourself invited). I aim to get there early to get my regular seat. (Square in front of the pulpit, six to 12 rows from the front.)

Five-o. Meeting my in-laws for barbecue at Jakes's at Chickasha, OK, tomorrow afternoon. I love 'em. A belated mother's day-father-in-law-birthday thing. :-) They are good peeps.

Six-o. Then, I'll go drivin' around southwest Oklahoma with two camaras, my digital as well as my old Pentax K-1000, since it's the one with all the lenses, lookin' for cool long-lens pix of wheat (growing fast, and it's tall and green around here), and combines (prolly too early since spring has persisted for so long); and pix of other things for official publication. Because, since -- did I mention? -- I have commandeerered a company car, a PT Cruiser, for the day, so I have to justify it with "work." :-) :-) (Not to diminish the time it takes to take good pix; but it's fun, is all I'm sayin').

Off to the game!

--ER

Comments:
And all the disciples gathered in one...
 
My brudder's a long-believer in Hondoos. Check into the Hondoo pickemup. My brudder loves his.

Personally, I think they're ugly as sin, but I reckon they'll get purty good gasoline usage.

But I'd say the Accord would be a good fit for ya. My brudder is actually a bigger feller than you, and he finds it qite comfy.
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
Hondo's are OK, Toyots's are better.
Just for you info, I've bought my last two "new" Mercury Mrq's on-line (actually I id'd them in the online sales, printed out the exact car and went down and checked it out then bought it) from Fred Jones, 16,000 miles on each of them for $11,500 and $12,400. How much extra gas can you buy with the price difference and the savings in interest? About two tanks plus a month bro. at current prices. They are big and get 16-18 in city and 25-27 on the interestate.

Pickup, wait six months and save half. Look for a Ford with their computerized overdrive and cruise control on the automatic. That will do wonders for your milage.

Good luck on the wheat pictures. You may have to go all the way down to Tillman/Jackson countys to catch harvest this early this wet.
I think you are a week to 10 days early this year. Maybe not though.

Craddock, tell lots of stories. Ask him about original sin
 
Stand firm on the Jeep. By the way I loved my Pentax K1000, I wish I knew where it ended up in the moves.
 
Ugh. I need to go out with my camera more. And, I need fast-fast film, I guess, if I'm gonna be using the long lenses and the 2X. Ugh. Pitiful return for all the resources put into this trip! I got maybe six publishable pix from five rolls, PLUS my digital. UGH.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?