Saturday, May 03, 2008

 

Headed to B.I.T.

That'd be the "Beautiful Indian Territory" as promoters used to call it, Sequoyah County particularly. (Yes, they were referring to I.T. before Oklahoma Territory was carved out to the west; but this is my story and I'm stickin' to it).

(Actual history: Indian Territory, and Oklahoma Territory.)

It's been right at a year since I was home. Big Brudder says Sunday is Decoration Day at the cemetery where Mama ER, and about everybody else in my clan, rest in peace.

And there's my oldest goodest buddy K.Kat to see, and Charlie's Chicken in Sallisaw, which, oddly, has the best dang ribs in the country (and only this Charlie's Chicken sells 'em! Weird.) Good time to go. Adios.

--ER

Comments:
Drive careful like and say hello to brother for me.
 
Done!

Got mud on the truck. I've been "home." ... Meeded it bad. :-)
 
I saw a Charlie's Chicken catering truck in a parking lot round these parts and got all nostalgic for That Side of the State. Lucky you ...
 
Charlie's chicken rulz.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?