Thursday, May 01, 2008

 

Bitching retracted & $3,660 well spent

First, I retract any bitching I have ever done about county-based weather warnings; I bitched a year ago because the tornado sireens went off in my town with an almost clear sky because there was a tornado in the exact opposite end of the county from here, about 25 or so miles way.



Ha. This evening, me and the dogs were on the patio smokin' a cigar, havin' a drink and readin' a book when the sireens went off. I said, "WTH?" and came in and saw Mike Morgan, meteorologist star of KFOR-TV, tell me that there were tornados on the ground some 10 or 15 miles southeast of me.

I. Had. No. Clue.

Tornado sireens good. Mike Morgan and KFOR-TV weather, and their copter jockey Jim Gardner, better.

Damn. There's one on the ground in Pawhuska. Redneck Tornado Alley prayers aloft!

Oh, the house is drywall-repaired and painted and the instant yard is installed. Yay.

--ER

Comments:
I hope you're still in one piece tonight!

Those two painting pics -- is that two different angles of the same shot, or does that one guy get paid to stand around with his hands on his hips all day? ;)
 
LOL. Two angles. Plus the guy standing there is the owner; he comes and goes from job to job all day.
 
How 'bout that yard!? Should dood that five years ago.
 
Yeah, isn't it funny that we get around to our projects when we're ready to sell the house, but don't do them while living there when we can enjoy the results ourselves! :)
 
Yep, they're good. Two minutes after the tornado siren goes off in our little Midwestern university town, and two adults, three cats, all our laptops and cellphones, and a lot of pillows and blankets are crammed into the downstairs half-bathroom. We don't fool around when we hear those sirens, especially after our roof was damaged by a weak tornado and had to be replaced.
 
My ex hometown got whacked last night. Almost 5 years to the day since the last big one. Glad all is well.

Craig
 
Sorry to hear it, Craig. Do u mind ID'ing the town?? Just curious ...
 
I mean, my hometown organs are all blodd engorged and tingly, since I just went to my own "ancestral homeland," as they say. :-)
 
Sorry this took so long, but the town in question is Gladstone MO. It's the only time old happy rock makes the national news is when the tornados hit.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?