Friday, April 18, 2008

 

Um, between getting to work at 7:30 a.m. (!!), making time for a roundtable with an old friend who is a PULITZER nominee, writing-doing a podcast ...

banging out a lengthy and involved story having to do with mid to high finance that actually was fricking assigned to me while I was on vacation; talking to a techno-guy about adding video to something I edit every week; doing some grunt-work page-proofing that I'm responsible for (I cherish that hour or two each week because it's concentrated, I do it in a quiet place where I'm usually undisturbed and I get to Wield the Red Pen!); consulting with Bird and a third-party medical billing company on an unresolved insurance issue from December, when she was still a college student and on my own insurance; taking off at 4 p.m. and running to the other side of Oklahoma City to buy some official Kinky Friedman ceegars (eh; they're OK; sorry, Kinky!); and sittin' and readin' "Homo Faber" with Bailey, the semi-'tarded weinie dog and Riker, the sophisticated and regal Pembroke Welsh corgi ...

I plumb forgot to blog today!

Now I have.

Dr. ER is in the house, BTW, and we'd planned on going someplace where I can satisfy my craving for shrimp scampi. But she's totally conked out in there on the dang couch because, well, she gets worn out pretty easily.

So we might hit a Meskin joint that's closer by. Or, I might order a dead fish pizza.

--ER

Comments:
mmmm...shrimp scampi...

I'm afraid that I read "Meskin joint" wrong, and it hit my eyes looking for all the world like "Meskalin joint"...which I knew was spelled wrong, and didn't seem very...you...

dead fish pizza...what kinds of dead fish?
 
Dead fish: Just anchovies, the only kind of dead fish pizza I know of.

We managed to belatedly get to the scampi place; very yum; my bithday dinner since Dr. ER is here now and won't be on May 2. :-)

Meskalin? As in Mescaline? Nah. But Meskal? Gusano Rojo? Diesel tequila? Sure. :-)
 
Howdies to Dr. ER.
Ever try shrimp pizza?
When you going to go get the Mojo Cat?
 
Howdies passed along.

Be awhile on the kitty. It's all Dr. ER's deal. It'll involve a plane trip from Denver to Houston to OKC. CRAZY.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?