Thursday, April 17, 2008

 

Sex slavery? In Arapaho? CUSTER County?

Led by the sheriff his own self, no less! It's like a perfect storm to create a worldwide -- heck fire, intergalactic! -- news story!

By JUSTIN JUOZAPAVICIUS

ARAPAHO, Okla. (AP) — Authorities have charged a western Oklahoma sheriff with coercing and bribing female inmates so he could use them in a sex-slave operation run out of his jail.

Custer County Sheriff Mike Burgess resigned Wednesday just as state prosecutors filed 35 felony charges against him, including 14 counts of second-degree rape, seven counts of forcible oral sodomy and five counts of bribery by a public official.

Read the whole dadgum sordid tale.

--ER

Comments:
That's disgusting. I hope (but only for the benefit of my immortal soul) that he gets sent to a better-administered facility than the one he ran.

I'm glad today is a lifting day. I will have a way to work out my feelings about this.
 
WTH gets into people?

Well, power, I reckon. We should be a lot more careful who we give badges in this country.

On the other hand, Custer County coughed this guy up in an election. You get what you vote for.
 
I sorry, Teresa! Hope you lifted well today!
 
That's alright. I also made a snarky post involving Hitler quotes that agree with Ben Stein.

It's amazing how cathartic (and easy) that was.
 
My sheriff was talking about this a while back when the trouble was brewing and thanking his lucky stars that all he has to worry about is an overcrowded broke-down jail and a lousy consultant who most likely is going to blow any chances of passing a tax election to pay for a new one.
 
I refuse to read the whole dadum sordid tale. Your Reader's Digest version is sordid enough. Throw away the key.

"..."Hitler quotes that agree with Ben Stein."

Bear in mind that Hitler said much that was subterfuge. I doubt there's any real similarity beyond the superficial. But hey, believe what you like.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?