Monday, April 07, 2008

 

Not too tired to hold my guitar

Just flew in from Denver, and boy are my arms ...


I'm back at around 1,200 feet above sea level now in central Oklahoma -- and earlier my ears were givin' me fits -- and it sometimes takes a few days to get 'em right again.

But, I was singin' to something on the radio in my truck comin' back from the airport -- and I'll be danged if that didn't loosen 'em up some.

So, after I got the dogs fed, watered and petted, and got the cat fed watered and petted, and his poop barn (it's got a roof) depooped, and got the hermit crabs glanced at, I got my guitar out and sang and picked around some until my ears are back to mostly normal.

The video is Dwight Yoakam's "The Heart That You Own."

And I also went through his "Two Doors Down" a half-dozen times or so. And Alan Jackson's "Between the Devil & Me."

I keep thinkin' I might get whatever kind of setup I'd need to post audio -- but I'd have to get my blisters back on my frettin' fingers, and get back what little bit of voice control I used to have, before I'd subject y'all to that.

--ER

Comments:
Welcome home! There are few things that make you feel better than singing along with a well-loved song, and the affection of pets...both furry and non-furry (I have hermit crabs as well. People greatly misunderestimate them.)

I see your tired with pressure-on-the-ears, though, and raise you one "my face really hurts" per my blog...not martial arts related. :-)
 
Thanks, T!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?