Friday, April 04, 2008

 

I came. I saw. I snowshoed!

I'm hooked. I knew I would be. Must be all the readin' I've done on the advancement of the frontier!

I think I did real good! Half-mile in, to Bear Lake, and the half-mile out, between 9,500 and 9,750 or so feet. Then, a half-mile in and back out from the trail head at Glazier Gorge. Both in Rocky Mountain National Park.

Dudes. For a boy who grew up at about 500 feet above sea level -- and spent so much time in the river bottoms, which they call the bottoms for a reason -- and now lives at about 1,200 feet, well, I'm plumb pleased.







Woo hoo!





And now I go to eat a great joint of meat -- another one, since I had a lamb shank for supper (and leftovers for dinner today).

--ER

Comments:
That looks like good clean fun!

Glad you're feeling better!
 
Thanks, D.
 
Veni vidi bigfooti ?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?