Tuesday, April 08, 2008

 

Fingers crossed, please

Welp, since I got my first real vacation in four years behind me, things are liable to start happenin' fast on this Oklahoma-to-Colorado thing. Maybe not. We'll see.

But ...

Uno. I got the drywall-painting guys coming next week. They get done -- to the tune of about $3,000 -- and I'll be comfortable putting the house on the market.

The housing market is only a little slow here, not dead or hellish like it is in so many other parts of the country, and prices-values are firm. The biggest sticking point to me trying to sell has been the hole in the garage ceiling! The drywall guys will fix that, and repaint the great room and kitchen while they're at it.

Two-o. I just applied for a job in Golden that's right up my alley -- I mean, if the alley is in the Public Relations neighborhood rather than the News neighborhood. But I am qualified to do it, I have the skills to do it, it's an interesting area that I personally find important -- and doggone it, people like me! :-)

Three-o. I just found a Ph.D. program at Colorado State University, in Fort Collins, that is right smack-fricking-dab up my alley, if yer talkin' about the Communications neighborhood in the town of Academe. And I just looked at CSU on a lark. The more I think about it, the more I can see me in this program -- even though it's not a history Ph.D. program.

--ER

Comments:
Well, son of a bitch. I just got an e-mail reply from the Golden place saying the position had been closed. Is that different than filled? The job posting said they'd be taking apps until May 13. Grrr.

I sense the Lord's hand in this. LOL. Working in Golden, within smellin' distance of the Coors factory all day, might present more of a temptation than I might could handle. :-)
 
God is going to take care of you so just shut the H*ll up with the worrying already! The right job, in the right place, doing the right thing will be there for you. It may well be a surprise you don't see coming yet, but NO WORRIES. Stop it!

(Back in a minute... I have to find a link to something just for you.)
 
OK, here it is. Can't remember if I sent you this before or not, but you need to watch this!
The best therapy ever.
 
Oh, darlin' -- I'm not worrying. That reminds me that I haven't blogged about my Lenten exprience ... I will.

And I'll watch that vid. But right now I have baked tater about to burst into flames and a steak crying to be pan-fried. ;-)
 
what happened to Siminary? I don't think I spelled that right. But you know what I ment. Good luck with what every you do.

Jeannie Diane
 
Was getting all excited because I'm about to apply to a job in Golden, but then saw your comment. Cest la vie. How weird would it have been if we'd ended up in the same town?
 
Enjoy the steak and bake! I'm having a ham steak with smashed taters and canned biscuits -- just like my mama used to make! Yum, yum!
 
Man, I'm thinking of you and rooting for you on this move. I know you will be a success anywhere you go.
 
Thanks, TECH.

Hey, Trixie: Watched the vid. I LOVE Bob Newhart; he and his characters were vehicles for common sense.
 
Good luck with selling the house. The market here is beyond terrible... a friend of ours just sold his condo and lost $60K. Ouch.
 
Good luck with the house sale, ours sat for 13 months, although we didn't lose a ton on money on it. I'd love to give you a bid for your drywall repair, but the commute would be a real drag.
 
Things are looking up!

Is there any possibility to keep the house and rent it out until the market recovers?
But then again, like my Dad always said, if you sell low, you're probably also buying low...

What the heck are "canned" biscuits. Didn't know you could can them...
 
JD, seminary is still a possibility.

Karem, we've talked about renting, but the market here is sound; the problem has to do with the house, and a second, not the market. :-)

Canned biscuits: Um, the kind ya buy in cans at the grocery store. Put in the oven for 10 minutes and viola! Biscuits!
 
Oh, OK
Pilsbury biscuits
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?