Tuesday, April 22, 2008

 

ER's sound FX machine

The low-register growl of a lion.
Slow-draining bathtub.
Glass packs.
Jake brakes.
Somebody spitting through a gap between their front teeth.
Ice-T the cat's kitty version of a big cat's growl.
Big taller-than-a-kid yard ball bouncing.
Water hammer.
Large rain stick.
Small rain stick.
Grease gun.
Juicer.

Those lovely sounds and more have emitted from my G.I. system, but trapped inside my bod, since Saturday night! Takes bein' sick to appreciate bein' well, I reckon.

The worst passed, so to speak, between 2 and 5 a.m. today -- worst stomach pain I've ever had. I kept thinking I was the cow in the corn and was prayin' for the farmer to come stick a knife in my side to let the air out. Oof.

I lived. Yesterday and Sunday are a blur. I can't believe it's Tuesday! Off work today, too. I'll work tomorrow from home. I went to Walgreens for provisions earlier and it like to wore me plumb out.

Sucking down the Gatorade today. Had a tunafish sammich and some Fritos for lunch. I think it's time for a nap.

--ER

Comments:
You have a way with words, I'll give you that.

Some of mine have been:

"Entrail waterfall"

"It'll go through you like a bobsled"

and "The place looked like it had been hit by a herd of gastrically distressed elephants."

Well, and "It sounded like someone had Chewbacca's nuts in a vice"

Which has nothing to do with someone bing ill.
 
Dang! It was the Chewbacca sound, which I'd never heard before, that got me to paying attention to the different kinds of sounds!

Chewbacca.

Oh, and the sound of the spoace ship opening in the original "War of the Worlds" radio broadcast, which I'm ppretty sure actually was the soiund of someone unscrewing the lid of a mayonnaise jar or some such inside a toilet bowl.
 
If you do an internet search for "Abused Wookie Scrotums" I believe my blog entry just might still be the first one.

A rare honor. :-)

(anomalousdata)
 
That *is* the oddest combination of words!


Note to self: Don't rush this bug. The tunafish sammich was one thing; the slice of Italian cream cake and glass of milk was tooo much. Owie. Owie. Owie.
 
Also:

Distant rolling thunder.

Sound of a car with brakes slammed on a dirst road (from inside the car).

Sound of 43 NASCAR race cars passing by on a pace or caution lap.
 
Drink an equal amount of water with your Gator Aid. You are probably too dehydrated for that many electrolytes all at once.
First day or two, stick with the BRAT recovery: Banannas,Rice,Apple sauce, and Toast (dry no butter).
Otherwise you will re-activate some of bateria that developed late in the process.
Lots of liquid for hydration and your kidneys. Hot tea, water,and not much else.
Fish nonono
Beer NOnononono
Milk products nononono
Sugar based products nonononononon

I did this with raw oysters in March. Three days for the first set of bateria to work its will, three more days for the remant second set, and three days for your gut's biom to recovery where it can digest regular stuff. You can not hurry it along, but you can delay it.
I paid for my advice, you're getting it for free.

The Doctor has spoken.
 
ER, If you suffer pain in the gut much more, you might ought to seek out the Dr. I have had lots of experience with gut aches and had major surgery for removal of some a bit over 3 years ago. Thank the Good Lord, I am now better than I had been for years! Praying you get much better soon. Mom2
 
Thanks, Mom2.

DrLobo. I see now that I assumed too much today. Whew. It hurt so bad overnight I think I misinterpreted the relative lack of discomfort for recovery.

No milk. My Brudder recommended Boost? Why say you? ... And I might not shoulda ate that popcorn earlier. Craving salt.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?