Saturday, March 01, 2008

 

Straight up or sideways

Straight up, it is today. Ha. This morning, I'm takin' a load of trash and tree limbs to the dump ("municipal transfer station"), and from that lowly beginning I'll cruise into job-application territory at midday (there's an opening at a federal gubment agency in the Denver area I'll apply for), and then this evenin' it's to an awards dinner where yours truly is among those up for tokens of appreciation and respect from some of our writin' and editin' peers.

Speakin' of writin' and editin' and readin' and such -- here's a fine tale of two would-be rare-book thieves who have proven that crime, like stupidity, does not pay.

--ER

Comments:
The book thieves story is too, too hysterical! :)
 
Idn't it, though? ... Hey, FF, I thought of you just now when I walked into the kitchen to clean it after one mere week of batching, capped by an explosion of steak-cooking, wine-imbibing, cocoanut creme pie eating and TV-watching debauchery after work last night. It looked like I'd had a party -- but nope, just me! I just thought that you'd be appalled. Trixie, too. All my wimmins friends, in fact. ... Dr. ER doesn't believe me, but the mess she THINKS I make when she's around is NOTHING compared to what Ice-T and I leave behind when we're on our own! :-)
 
Let the record relect that I just now managed to heat water and dish soap in a steak-fryin' skillet, to clean it, and did so without creating a smoke bomb, stinking up the house and rurnin' said skillet.

Thank you.
 
Oh, and GO POKES!

My O-State Cowboys are beatin' Nebraska right now, which is the very least they can do if they think they might hornswaggle their way into the NCAA tournament.

And I probably just jinxed 'em.

GO POKES!
 
Well congrats, amigo! Hopefully it will be yet another wall-worthy award with a statement of significance on it.
 
Congratulations on your first-place award last night, E.R.!! Woo and Hoo!! Woot!
 
Thanks, y'all. :-0
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?