Monday, March 31, 2008

 

'Everyday it seems we're wasting away ...'


In three and a half hours, Chris Daughtry opens for Bon Jovi in Denver and we will be there. Section AAA. Front row. Dr. ER won the tickets somehow.

Dr. ER has been lookin' forward to this for months. Me, too, because it makes her happy, although I dig Bon Jovi. And Daughtry. But mostly I'm wantin' to go for Dr. ER.


And this is what I feel like. Fevered. Sore throat. Snot slingin'. Burnin' chest. Hackin' cough. Sore muscles. Every few minutes it feels like someone sends a butcher knife into my head. It's gonna be a looong night.

But hey, I got a pocket full of Hall's drops and two packs of Walgreen's tissues. I'm a cowboy ...

--ER

Comments:
Going to a rock concert with a headache, and what sounds like flu symptoms, will not be fun. You will be sitting right under the pounding PAs, with nothing between you and the sub-woofers to soak up some of that pounding - you will end up walking out of there feeling mugged. Good luck.

I like the Daughtry song "Home" and "Crashed". Bon Jovi - probably "Lay Your Hands On Me" and on a good day "Faith". I wonder if Richie Sambora will be sober - just read where he got busted for DUI, after doing time in rehab following the death of his father and end of his marriage. Poor guy.

I, on the other hand, will be seeing, yet again, Dream Theater on May 13 (a Tuesday) on a package tour with some other American prog-metal and prog-hardcore bands. Should be enough to leave me with bleeding ears for a day or two.
 
Dude, I hope you have/had a great time! I'm just glad you and Dr. are on a DATE! Woot!
 
Dope up on pain killers, and take those orange ear plugs, you know the ones for NASCAR races.

A few weeks ago in Baton Rouge I spent a month in the bathroon sitting on one device and puking into the other. Raw oysters! Never ever again! Death before raw oyster! God told me no shell fish but did I listen?
So I empathize, but at least you are mobile.

Have as much fun as you are capable of.
 
drlobojo: I'm with ya'. I love shellfish of all sorts, but will never, ever eat another oyster as long as I live. Three days I'll never get back...

Arena rock's interesting. We just got done with Springsteen here, and it's just funny how an entire stadium fulla people shouting, "Bruuu-ce!" sounds just like, "Booo-ooo!"
 
Hey, Rich, I thought of you when the stage tearer-downers came out of the woodwork after Bon Jovi, sporting something-something Local 1234 or something. Idn't that what you do??
 
It is. I myself work for I.A.T.S.E. Local 28.
 
Cool, Rich.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?