Saturday, February 16, 2008

 

Palpation? Hallucination? Alien-ation?


So, I'm pretty sure I was subjected to a non-physically invasive probe early this morning, between 3 a.m. and 4 a.m., either by aliens or the U.S. government.

I woke up to hear a loud, repetitive, mechanical spinning kind of sound. I couldn't move. And I saw tiny swirly points of light spinning around the room.

It was unsettling but I wadn't a-scared, even though I thought, even as it was going on: Yep, I am being probed, either by aliens or the government.

.....

But what actually might have happened was this: My left inner ear was acting up, this being the ear I lost some hearing in a few winters ago when it got infected. I woke up from REM sleep and experienced sleep paralysis with hypnagogia (the amplified sound and the lights).

Or not.

--ER

Comments:
Or you were suffering bed spins from too much Okie comfort?

I've been there a few times myself - the bed spins, that is, not the whole alien probe thing - so I know of which you speak. My flaming youth, which was more a Bic lighter set on high, still had some interesting moments.
 
Heh. Chalk it up to a hellish work week and mild exhaustion, oh, and the Chinese vittles might've had something to do with it. I swear, if I eat any later than 7 p.m., anymore, nighttime can be a real rodeo. Which is why I don't avoid eatin' late! Interesting stuff, the way the mind reacts to different kinds of stress placed in the body!
 
Wow! That loud noise I heard mighta been Exploding Head Syndrome!

http://en.wikipedia.org/
wiki/Exploding_head_syndrome
 
Yep, inner ear stuff. If you were laying on that ear, the sound amplification sometimes is really weird. Like the time I complained to my wife about the hammering next door when it was actually my artery next to an inflamed ear banging against my cochleae.
Speaking or my ears and arteries, ER, if you haven't already, check out my own brain scans on blog. Oh, and just to raise your blood pressure, 15% to 20% of asymmetrical hearing problems are tumour or cyst related.
 
Aliens usually leave some other clues behind, such as bad taste in mouth and misplaced objects like cars or wallets or dignity. If you were probed you will probably be gassy for a day or two afterward....
 
The picture brings new meaning to "space cowboy!" :)
 
well my long time friend. I think you drank to much Okie Comfort too.

Jeannie Diane
 
Y'all are hoots.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?