Tuesday, February 19, 2008

 

My ticket: Obama-McCain

I'm not kidding.

I like Obama's inexperience! I like that he doesn't know what he doesn't know! Good! He's a dreamer. I love that what passes these days for the establishment of the Democratic Party doesn't like him.

I like McCain's curmudgeonliness! I like his life experience. I LOVE that what passes for the establishment of the GOP despises him!




I'd love to see President Obama boldly going where the inexperienced have no fear to go.

I'd love to see McCain become "Grandpa Sam" -- the old fart at the family get-togethers who sits and bitches and says, "Yeah, well, you whipper-snappers! Did ya think of THIS?"

What a balance. It would grab America up by the short hairs.

They might could even LEAD, Obama first, showing respect for McCain's experience and the honor due to him for his military and political service, telling the extremes of both parties to go jump in the Potomac!

Bring it on. Let McCain, as president of the Senate, lock that son-of-a-bitch down until they get it: that there really is a New Day. Let Obama, as president, be president.



By the way: John McCain was channeling the late great Chief Dan George tonight.

--ER

Comments:
And OMG, Obama is channeling Jefferson. Or somebody like that.
 
No Boomers.
 
Um, Obama, born in 1961, is a boomer. McCain, born in 1936, is not.

Boomers usually are regarded as those born 1946-1964, which makes me a boomer. Barely.

Some put the Gen-X peeps at 1961-1981. Which would make Obama a boomer. Barely.

McCain ain't no boomer no matter how you slice the demographics.
 
Excuse my spelling: bomber
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?