Sunday, February 03, 2008

 

Headline goes here headline goes here hea

Huff puff, already busy today. (No time to think of a clever headline even!)

First, to church, for spiritual nourishment, and perhaps, to pick up information on online seminary classes from a friend.

Second, to the Pig Out Palace in Henryetta, Okla., for vittles off the buffet and to exchange some paperwork with Big Brudder.

Third, a Super Bowl party at the home of Three Desks Down, where I will hang for just awhile and then back here to the house to do some work-work, as well as some personal work ...

BY THE WAY, woo hoo! A national topical history journal editor let me know by e-mail last night that a letter was heading out in Monday's mail, with three peer-reviewed and marked-up copies of an article I submitted last summer, and that he had conditionally decided to publish it, conditions bein' that I make the changes recommended by the judges. Very cool, for an ol' redneck Okie.

--ER

Comments:
The kickoff having happened, I am probably the only human being on the internet right now, at least in the United States. Do hope that your day, and all its busyness is going well.

Congrats on the publication. Send me a copy, or at least direct me to where I could find it, if you would.
 
Will do.

Hey, I had to come by the house betweej the Pig and the party. Thoyught y'all might enjoy hearing of my repast:

Fried chicken (leg, leg, thigh), rib (pork), fried jalapeno strips dipped in chipotle sauce, mac-and-cheese, corn, three deviled eggs (halves, I mean). Tortilla chips (swiped off my big brudder's plate.) Roll. Coffee.

For dessert:

Fried catfish (numerous filets), fried chicken (leg), fried jalapeno strips dipped in chipotle sauce, black-eyed peas. Roll. Coffee.


Son, that's eatin'. The only green on them plates was green onion and jalapenos.

As Jerry Clower woulda said: "Hawh (snort)!"
 
Super Bowl? Done forgot about that.
Naw GKS, you ain't the only on not watching. Who's playing anyway?
 
Congrats on the publication-to-be!

And it makes me full just reading about what you ate!
 
I thought I was full, too, until I saw the Tupperware thing of venison-pepper-cheese sausage. Now, I'm full. And thanks. :-)
 
Oh, no. The Giants of New York have surprisingly biut handily defeated the Patriots of New England -- the YankeeBeaus and Birds of Greater Houston are NOT happy campers.
 
I felt a tremor in the axis mundi upon thet final touchdown. Did indeed the earth stand still even for the briefest of a stutter, and might have it even slipped a cog backwards at the victory?
 
Ditto on the letting folks know the publication info once it's final.

Is it just me, or is Howie Long dipping into the Grecian Formula? His hair looked really dark as they were doing the post-game blather (the only part I caught because once the Packers were out of it I stopped paying attention to football -- but I did want to see the new episode of "House.")
 
Hi Nan. Don't know about Howie Long, but I did watch my first-ever "House" last night while doing some work. !!! Bird and YankeeBeau have been big fans forever. Now I know why.
 
Congrats on the pub, dude! I'm proud of you.
 
Thanks, Tech, and all.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?