Wednesday, February 27, 2008

 

And ER exhales

Whew. 47-minute telephone interview with potential employer. "Definitely qualified," she said. Well, yeah!

Said they prefer someone to work on site in California. Of course. It's a boss thing. No matter how "forward thinking" an enterprise is, it's hard to look out into a workplace and not see all your employees, even in the digital information biz.

They're interviewing others all week. Probably won't hear anything until week after next. Fingers crossed, and I keep looking, in the meantime.

--ER

Comments:
Stupid computer ate the best comment ever.

Anyway, fingers and toes crossed for you. I thought it was Colorado you were aiming for; but, if they let you telecommute (despite the "I would prefer you work here" thing) it's all good, I suppose.
 
Dude. I wouldn't have applied for this job if they wouldn't consider a remote work situation. I have irons in fires in Colorado, too. But a remote thing would be best for a bunch of reasons.
 
"Break a leg"
"FalL on your face"
Oh, uh, well, cancel the last one.
 
Good luck, if it's what you want. :)

By the way, where is CA? Could it be that I'd get to meet you in RL when you get called to the home office?? :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?