Sunday, January 06, 2008

 

Weather lesson ... headed for The Territory

Last night, I betrayed my lack of weather-wiseness around here: At the cigar bar, during a local break, on came weather peeps and big graphics warning of High Winds, Heavy Snow and a Winter Storrrrrrm!

"Holy shit! Is that for here, now?"

Two guys, in unison, glanced back and me and said, "Mountains."

Dr. ER had told me about vertical weather, and how odd it is for a plains dweller. Ha.

Head back to The Territory by way of the way we came. Wrong time of year and day of week to do much exploring. Denver to Boise City, OK, where I'll either get a room, head south to Amarillo, TX, for a room or just head on home.

--ER

Comments:
Safe travels.

Amarillo, TX?
 
Head on through the Panhandle. You'd enjoy a cheap but nice motel in Guymon.
 
I just came on to the house.

Geoffrey: Amarillo would have added maybe an hour to the trip, but I'da been sure to get a good hotel -- and, I could've eaten at the Big Texan, steakhouse. But I wadn't in the mood.

This is my favorite way to get to Boulder and back now, for sure, for those who know these towns:

Edmond to west of Guthrie to Kingfisher to Watonga to Seiling to Woodward to Fort Supply to May to Slapout to Balko to Hardesty, Guymon, Boise City; then north on U.S. 287 into Colorado to Campo, Springfield, Kit Carson, Hugo, Limon, Denver to Boulder.

It's dang near 60 degrees outside! Feels like spring. It ewas snowing on me when I left this morning!
 
Record 72 degrees on Saturday.
Don't worry, it won't last.
 
My next-door neighbor mowed today. January 6. I think all he accomplished was mulching the oak leaves that were nearly knee-high on his yard.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?