Thursday, January 24, 2008

 

Minor work-related injuries

Oof! Sat for 8 hours today on basically the equivalent of make-up chair to do some work, and the work went as slow as cold molasses because the wi-fi I'm hitchin' a ride on is s-l-o-w -- and the injuries are a kink in my back and patience worn thin.

Owie.

This wasn't a play trip per se, by the way. It was just so's Dr. ER and I could be in each other's presence. Turns out that's pretty important. We actually do kind of miss each other, ya know -- which might not seem clear since it has been almost 10 months since she high-tailed it up here to Boulder, with me stayin' back in OKC.

But, there are real reasons why we haven't wound up back under the same roof yet. Workin' on it.

It's colder'n a well digger's backside here -- colder than normal. Even the gal at the local Safeway, and another gal workin' at the local likker store confirmed it by joinin' me in bitchin' about it.

Since I'm wheeless, I'm walkin' -- Dr. ER's car is available, but it's really too close to both to drive. But dang. I hadn't had frost form on my mustache in a long time until this mornin'. Feels like it's singed -- and I know what that feels like because I have lit quite a few stogey stubs in my time, 'cause you smoke every bit of a high-dollar cigar when you're a man of modest means, as I am.

Ha! What's next might appear to give the lie to that last line:

We're meetin' Dr. ER's boss and his missus at the Boulder Cork here directly. It ain't cheap.

However, I have been eatin' mostly nothing during the week but Subway sandwiches for supper, for weeks, and so I have some food-buyin' dollars built up -- plus Dr. ER is not of as modest means as I am, which is one reason it behooved us both for her to come on up here to commence her employment, leavin' me to figure out how and when best to join her.

And she's buying.

Not really. We will share the bill, but proportional, more or less, as to income. (We are not that anal; it's just sort of a "by feel" thing.)

Dang it. I've meant, all day, to blog an essay under this headline:

"Meditation on Morning Sunlight Seen Through Vertical Blinds, Myopia, and an Epiphany, in 'Hell.' "

Anon.

--ER

Comments:
I am HURT that no one cares about my minor work-related injuries!

:-)
 
I care, ER. I get kinks in my back and they are not nice. I hope you are feeling better!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?