Friday, December 14, 2007

 

Timothy and ER: Peace at last


I've been torn as to whether to move this from the comments of the previous post to its own post -- but I finally decided to do so to be fair.

I have given prominent space to my lambasting of Pastor Timothy for what I considered his offenses against me. I must give prominent space to our peace, for the sake of the Prince of Peace.

This has been harder on me that I've let on. Timothy and I were friends and coworkers years ago in the RW.

I was happy to get reaquainted with him in the blog world, and happy to learn he had become a Christian. He was equally saddened to learn than I had forsaken my conservative ways, both political and doctrinal-theological. Somehow, all that sparked meanness and anger on both our parts.

Enough. Regulars here know how we've gone round and round, here and on other blogs.

Tim's apologies, with my own in the comments.

How it came about -- and this is a very interesting thread aside from the steps toward reconcilation between Timothy and I.

Peace.

--ER

Comments:
Thanks be to God!
 
Don't take this the wrong way, bud, but I do hope you aren't cutting Pastor Timothy more slack than he deserves. It is one thing to accept an apology from someone, to forgive them of the hurt they have done to you. It is another to think that a whole page in a relationship book has been turned, and that all may be well in the future because of it. There are still serious differences between the two of you on matters of vital importance to you both. No matter how much two people intend to get along, these differences will create friction, especially when they are the source of on-going interaction.

This is not to say that both of you did not do what was right, or that you were wrong to be both gracious and humble. On the contrary, I honor you both for recognizing the ways you both have hurt one another and acknowledged it. There are fewer stones larger or heavier tied firmly around our necks than pride, and you managed to slice through that know with relative ease, and I salute you for it, especially because I feel that same rope around my own neck in regards to certain folks around the internet, and wish I could do the same thing (I hate swallowing my pride because it's usually too big and bulky to go down easy).

Anyway, if peace it be, let it be the Peace of Christ. Blessings to you both.
 
I hate swallowing my pride because it's usually too big and bulky to go down easy

That's why you should take small bites and chew well...

Try eating some crow first for practice.
 
Forgiveness is the word of the day.

Of course forgiveness does not always equal reconciliation. But it is a first step.

A fine example for the rest of us, too.
 
But honestly, THIS is the request for forgiveness that has interested me the most today.
 
Re, "and that all may be well in the future because of it ..."

Dude. I'm 43. Not 17 and a girl.

:-)

Pioneer Woman IS evil!!!
 
ER,
Thank you for the fair treatment with this post. I do appreciate it.

Geoffrey is right on a lot of those things, but I have to say that forgiveness is truly a blessing and I'm glad that we have at least turned this corner.

Have a very good weekend and sleep the sleep of one with a clean conscience! (i.e. the sniper in Saving Private Ryan!)

Blessings
 
LOL. Will do, Tim. You, too. :-)
 
Ahhhh, the miracles that come at Christmas...

Thank you, Lord Jesus for working in the hearts of Your servants.

As some among us enjoy debating finer points of theology, my prayer is that we let our Heavenly Father decide who is -- and who isn't -- a Believer.

The greatest commandment with promise is that we love one another. No qualifications on denomination or political persuasion.

Thank you, ER and Timothy, for showing us the way.
 
Don't you think it's a little iffy to do blacksmithing in the buff?? ;)
 
"Forgive and Remember."
 
Sparks! Owie!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?