Thursday, December 20, 2007

 

I knew he was a Brite feller!

One of my best friends in the world just told me he starts seminary next month!

I am so proud, and so happy for him -- and so jealous!

Brite Divinity School at Texas Christian University.

His life and mine have so many commonalities, his news gives me pause.

We're both farm kids, journalists, and recovering Southern Baptists (he turned Presby, and I turned Congregationalist-UCC). We even look a lot alike, and people actually have mistaken us for brothers.

I wonder ...

--ER

Comments:
Everything you think I would say about this, consider it said.
 
That's one of the two seminaries I had planned to attend. The other was St. Paul's in KC.
 
you keep toying with this notion of seminary, and you are moving to a city with a good United Methodist seminary (but don't hold that against it!). I think you need to do some serious exploration of this avenue, beyond the occasional wish expression. To my mind, someone who is this vocal about it probably needs to do more than just think about it. I don't know what the process in the UCC is like, but you might want to have a meeting with your minister as a start.
 
Well, I know. But that's part of the dang transition thing. I don't see how I could start the process at a church I'm fixing to leave; and I don't yet have a church in Colorado.

Hepa, you around? She's done some of this. What say ye??
 
Hapa! Hapa, I meant!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?