Tuesday, December 18, 2007

 

Gold and diamonds and rubies, oh my!


Finally got to give Dr. ER her 10th wedding anniversary gift the other night! The item pictured is not it exactly, but it shows how good rubies and dimaonds and yellow gold look together -- especially on my Dr. ER!

What I did was I had her some earrings built. Very simple: ruby-diamond-ruby, on simple yellow-gold bars (8-point ruby, 6-point diamond, 8-point ruby).

They match her wedding set.

Engagement ring is diamond-ruby-diamond-ruby-diamond (10 points each, I think ... maybe 10-point rubies and 5-point diamonds ... not sure, it's been 10 years!) And the wedding ring is a 25-point diamond flanked by 10-point rubies.

And I had it all built! "Built" -- a running joke for 10 years now.

See, when I had Dr. ER lassoed but not yet mugged and tied, I toted a couple of gold nugget rings of mine in and sat down with a jeweler and told 'em what I wanted.

When I got 'em, I took 'em to work, at the paper in Texas, and at our afternoon budget meeting, I slid the box across the conference table and said, "Look what I had built!"

One of the gal editors said, "E! You don't have rings built! You have 'em made!"

Well. I had 'em built. And I had these earrings built, too.

And Dr. ER was well pleased. :-)

--ER

Comments:
Awwwww, that's gawgeous, man. I don't normally like any of those gems, but put together like that, they are pretty pretty.
Semantics, feh!
 
This is one post I won't have my wife read.
 
:-)
 
Very nice, indeed. You are a man of quality. And she must be a woman of such as well.
 
WHat a lucky gal! Not just because of precious metal and precious stones, but the thought and inividuality that went into building them.

:-)

And don't listen to the women who criticised your word choices. They were just jealous and trying to find something to get down on you about!
 
ER,

By the way, that's me, Teresa up there in the coment above.

My computers been acting weird since I let another person borrow it today. I was typing along, and it just posted, out of the blue...I wonder if this person created key-board short-cuts or something.

grumble.
 
Thanks, Teresa! :-)

Geoffrey: I married up in more ways than one. :-)
 
So, is yer camera busted, or what? Why don't we get to see the real deal??

You're a quality guy, ER. ;)
 
ER said: "I married up in more ways than one. :-)"

I'll testify to that truth, but heck ER don't tell her that. That'll just make her harder to live with. She's high enough maintenance as it is.
 
Yay for you! Good job!
 
I don' think I can get a good shot of 'em; it'd be a real closeup; maybe I'll try later.

Dr. ER: High maintenance, indeed!
 
Well done, good and faithful husband!
 
That is definitely a nice looking ring. I shall conceal this blog from my wife. HA!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?