Wednesday, December 19, 2007

 

Apologies to the world

To Dr. ER, who bore the brunt of my anger this morning. The reasons for it aren't important -- and I did have reasons, fleeting, ethereal, nothing reasons. But I unbridled my tongue.

To Bird and Beau, who had to endure my ranting.

To Apollo and Fenway (granddogs), who were ascairt.

To my coworker and friend, whose feelings, I know, are always on his sleeve. I treated you harshly on the phone -- I believe I had reasons, again, but I unbridled my tongue. I know you well enough to not be surprised that we will clash, but I am always surprised.

To the guy behind the counter at the Chick-Fil-A: From the look on your face, you must have thought I was fixin' to jump over the counter and kick your ass on the spot, over a little confusion between Combo No. 1 and Combo No. 7. I was not. I've just been fighting the world today, and it happened to be your turn.

Sigh.

Theology schmeology. Doctine schmoctrine. It's ALL "wood, hay and stubble" -- every bit of it -- and it ALL will burn off.

What matters is treating people as I want to be treated, whether or not the world does me likewise, seeing Jesus in every face, from my wife's and kids', coworker-friend's, the Chick-Fil-A dude's -- even, and maybe especially, the granddogs, who had no idea why there ERpa suddenly was louder than usual, and upset.

I pretty much failed today, and I'm sorry. Not renting my clothing here. Not beating myself up. Just confessing it, and hoping for a better day manana.

--ER

Comments:
Speaking on behalf of the world, I accept your apology. You will do better. We all do.

This is why I think you are such a brave soul. I could never put this kind of thing out there for the world to see. Trust me.

Blessings to you and yours.
 
LOL! You make a fine a spokesman! ...nothin' brave, though, about fessin' up on an anonymous blog. And readers who know me know I'm a big ass a lot, so no news there!
 
OK, still not brave, but I'll give ya this: It is damn hard to apologize to the faces of those you've ben an ass to, being surprised, because of your self-absorbtion, to get a little (well-deserved) blowback -- and managing to let it hit you, where it hurts, and let it end there.

Thereby has the boil been popped. Thereby drains the puss on this blistering day.

And here is another example of how blogging forces me to be honest, and to live up to my mere words! I apologized to "the world" -- and than I HAD to, although I hadn't thought it through at all, apologize to the very real peeps in my own house! THAT, or be a real hypocrite. Gah.

Going to pet some dogs now ...
 
Yikes. I hate it when that happens.
 
It really sucks to be human sometimes.
 
So what set you off dude?
Based on this and the next two post, does the term "under conviction" have any meaning here?
:)
 
LOL. May be.

But it's just to pretend this is a normal time with my peeps all here, when it's not. It's the last time we'll ll be "home." Bird and Beau are moving to Houston and their lives; Dr. ER will return to Colorado; and I'll be back in the place I've been for nine months: not wanting to move, but having to; not knowing what the hell I'm going to do for a living; not wanting to give up what I have here.

Never fear. After Jan. 1, push will come to shove, and somethin is gonna give.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?