Tuesday, November 06, 2007

 

'Jesus is Lord Hunter Check Station,' &c.


As has become my custom, I follow a couple of days of white-hot ire and fury with ... cutesy, funsy-wunsy pix of critters and such. Hey, it's the ER way.



Halloween pix are obvious, the disembodied beard outside the conference room is at the Seventh Native American Symposium at Southeastern Oklahoma State University, in Durant; the Jesus is Lord Hunter Check Station is in Daisy, Okla.,; Reba McEntire Road is in Stringtown, Okla., one of about three places that claim her; there's a famous ER Still Life in here.



This might be a purdy good day. I have come up with an excuse to wind up at the AQHA World Show this afternoon, with plans to be done about beer:thirty and hang with a friend of mine from Burns Flat, Okla., who worked for me as a reporter in Texas.

--ER



P.S. That is Italian sausage on the grill.



P.P.S. That pic of Bailey helpin' me cleanin' the grill is about the best shot I've stumbled across in a long time. Bailey just oozes sweetness.



















Comments:
Awwww. Poor little dork sweetiepie weenie dog...just happy to lick the grill grate...there's your real Jesus lesson animal in the family! "Whatsoever you do for the least of my beasts of the field, that you do for me" (how's that for mixing quotes and metaphors?)
 
Looks like a doobie on the grill to me.
 
Grilling fatties to make yourself a bit more hungry, ER?
 
?? How anyone could see a doob on that grill ... weell. I think Drlobojo misspelled "dooty"! :-)
 
That italian sausage looks delicious (I'm always craving protein...)
 
Naw, I mistook the grilled table top for the grilled grill top.
So what's the doobie type thing there?
As for the concentric worm like food filled instinal caseing:
Tell me you didn't eat that whole dookkie in one sitting. That's about 4,000 calories 98% from fat!
 
That's "intestinal".
 
You talking about my stogie? On the still life? Jusyt a Walgreens ceegar...
 
Oh, and I have made several different meals involving that huge Italioan sausage!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?