Friday, October 26, 2007

 

Call me 'Blind Melon' Redneck

The watermelon in the picture weighs 262 pounds -- a Guiness Book record.

I weighed in today at the doc's at 262 pounds -- a personal record, as far as I'm concerned. I was positive I'd put on pounds since the last check-in, in August, when I tipped the scales at 269. Oh, my blood pressure was 138/92 -- an improvement, too.

Major cool. That makes 32 pounds I've lost in a year, since I weighed in at 294 pounds and freaked out.

Mr. Phentermine helps me four days a week, and on those days I have a small bowl of cereal (usually Apple Jacks or Honey Nut Cheerios) for breakfast, no lunch, and a Subway sandwich with low-cal chips for supper, and usually a couple of cookies, and some milk.

Fridays, I eat what I damn well please -- and tonight it might be the whole dang Official State of Oklahoma Meal! :-) Weekends, I just don't gorge myself.

Also, I hit the treadmill three times a week at least, I'm not eating fast food, or processed food, hardly at all, and I'm eating more fruits and veggies.

That's it. Very cool.

--ER

Comments:
Congratulations! You've done really well. I'm on the downward slide again too -- it was "do it or die" for me, which is a darn good motivator. It's nice that I can get a lot of walking in in this town.
 
Continued success to you.
 
Way to go, ER! :D
 
OK, you are a 'Blind Melon' Redneck.
 
Thanks, all. :-)

Hee hee. I celebrated with a ribeye and sweet tater for supper last night, and a ribeye and three eggs for breakfast this morning.

Back in the eatin'-right saddle on Monday!
 
I took diet pills when I was young and lost 35 pounds. I had so much energy I almost worked myself to death, but then I could not calm down and go to sleep. After a while, it was like I had worn myself out and I began to have a tremor in my hand which affected my handwriting. I never got over that and have difficulty writing, plus my head shakes a little at times. I would never take them again, and I also developed blood pressure problems. Maybe they will not harm you, but I am afraid of them.
 
Good on you!

I miss Mr. Phentermine and his special effects!
 
That's great!
But wouldn't the steak and eggs be good on a diet - it's almost pure protein, no carbs...
 
You know, I get to CRAVING protein sometimes -- which is weird. I never used to miss it, since I never went without it.
 
BTW, my slovenly ways continued last night with a beef-and-pepperoni pizza, and today and tonight with pizza leftovers and Church's fried chicken. But I honestly am ready to get back in the saddle. Very cool. :-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?