Saturday, August 25, 2007

 

Unsightly bachelor* buildup

Ugh. I have let the house go. So, my list of things to do today:

1. Ignore the yard. Easy since I BROKE MY BRAND-NEW MOWER by hitting the metal edging around the back patio, which BENT THE CRANKSHAFT, which would cost more to repair than to buy another &*%$%^ mower, for $150 at the Wal-Marts. Disposable mowers! Who knew. "I wish a Ford and a Chevy would still last 10 years like they should" -- and that tempered steel was still standard in lawn mower crankshafts!

2. Clean the whole house. I sent Mr. Phentermine away last week, and celebrated my weight loss by gaining a little of it back by reverting to my regemin ... regi ... regular diet of fried chicken, pizza delivery and ribs from the nearby County Line, which would be the death of me if I'd let it. Bones, pizza boxes and to-go clamshells are everywhere.

3. Unclutter my office! Looks like an F2 came through.

4. Do preliminary work on a history presentation I'm making in November at a symposium one of our "directional colleges."

5. Do preliminary work on a presentation for a journalism history class later this month at another of our "directional colleges."

6. Start reading a book that the books editor of a state history journal asked me to review. A new biography of Charles Goodnight. Yummy.

7. Bake a sweet tater and broil this nice halibut steak I picked up last night, for supper.

Let's see. Mr. Phentermine present? Check. Western channel on? Check. And Ice-T is following me around this mornin' like a pup -- which is slightly unsettling since he never does that. I reckon he wants to help me clean house.

Off to it!

* "bachelor" -- letting the house go, and the occasional night at the ceegar bar, are the only bachelor ways I've succombed to during the absence of the lovely Dr. ER, whom I love dearly and miss. Sniff.

--ER

Comments:
Oh, and Girl Scout cookies. Cartwheels. Reduced-fat, at least!
 
Girl Scout cookies?? At this time of year?

I like #1, except that you broke your new mower.

You do a good visual in your description. I'll bet I'm imagining it worse than it really is, though. ;)
 
I prefer the Trefoils, myself. Aaand have a little story over at my place about an acquaintance of mine beating up a couple of cops because they didn't buy any Girl Scout cookies. Weird.

Bachelor buildup? Yeah, I tend to cook everything in bacon grease, so...Yeah, there's a lot more of me to love these days.
 
Heh, not that bad, really. The bones were in the overloaded kitchen trash. And the boxes and clamshells. Dishes were just stacked high in the sink because the dang dishwashin' machine has loost oomph and won't clean the top rack, so I can only do a half-loaded at a time. Laundry was piled up, but is now in progress. And new clothes I bought two weeks ago were still in the Kohl's and Dillard's sacks!
 
Oh, and Rich's story about his friend beatin' up the cops is really a hoot.
 
Sigh. All I did was 1, 2 and 7. Sigh.
 
Hey, that there #2 is a biggie. No shame in not getting to the rest! :)
 
:-)
 
Woo hoo! Got No. 4 done! (Sunday)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?