Friday, August 03, 2007

 

My truck smells like a seedy strip club

Smells like dirt, sweat, cheap greasy food, beer -- and now "desert jasmine," which I misunderstood to be say "juniper."

What a hoot.

Outside the kitchen window, I can see YankeeBeautrothed's feet on the second rung of a ladder. Bird is on another ladder. They have primed and are now painting the arbor over the patio.

YB makes a hand, YB does, and Bird is a hard worker, too.

My own hard manual labor beckons:

Another three-quarter ton of gravel to get from the back of my truck to the "floor" of a shed out back; another few hundred pounds of soil into a low spot of the yard; and I've got got to finish taking down a hog-wire-and-T-post fence I put up to keep Riker and Bailey out of my garden.

Tomorrow, I've got to haul more soil into more low spots, in a front sideyard, and till it and sow more ryegrass in a shadey spot.

Perfect weather for all this, too: Dry, highs in upper 90s, most of the humidity has burned off.

--ER

Comments:
And yes, as opposed to an upscale strip club. I have been around, y'all. :-) LOL
 
What, do the upscale ones smell like juniper from all the gin and tonics? ;-)

Glad the humidity's lessened for y'all up north. It's still pretty sticky down here in the hills.
 
Ha! In upscale ones, the patrons usually take baths before they get there. Very gross, I know.
 
Uh, I just realized I didn't make it clear that the desert jasmine smallin my truck is air freshener! I have not been haulin' aroumd a stripper.
 
Whew. I was hopin' Dr. ER didn't take on a second job while awaitin' your arrival in the Mile High nightmare.

:-)
 
What a relief! I wasn't sure which way to read that!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?